CIB – Investor Services – Custody & Fund Services
Commercialization and Analytics – Associate/ Sr. Analyst – Mumbai
J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB):
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Custody & Fund Services:
J.P. Morgan Custody - global leader with $22 trillion in assets under custody, provides Institutional investors access to markets worldwide for the settlement, safekeeping and asset servicing of securities, along with ancillary services such as Foreign Exchange and Liquidity Solutions. J.P. Morgan’s Custody and Fund Services (C&FS) business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
The Global Custody business at JPM forms part of the larger Custody organization. Our clients invest globally and we provide the infrastructure and market connectivity to safe keep and manage their assets efficiently. The business mandate is to grow rapidly, driving scale and operating efficiency. To do this we need to better understand, using analytics, the buying behaviors of our clients, our end to end cost to service as well as our unit cost metrics. This will help us have a competitive advantage and will allow product management the ability to pivot the business to the most profitable clients / segments while at the same time being able to be price competitive in the market.
This role will help build out the function, will design the analytical needs of the business and develop tools that can capture data and ultimately drive the quantitative analysis to provide management reporting that will drive the commercialisation of the business revenues and expenses.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Help in driving unit cost analytics working across the end to end business
- Support in the pricing analytics piece for the Global Custody business and work with seniors to provide business line guidance on how new business should be modeled
- Actively work on quant analytics on transaction data to drive performance (settlements, corporate actions, cash balances)
- Work closely with seniors to generate analytic ideas to support the business and present them to the Global Custody Management team bringing them from ideas to production.
- Work on developing tools to drive quantitative analyses of key business metrics and help seniors provide management reporting on these including:
- Help with sourcing data and performing client profitability analysis including new deal pricings and re-pricing existing client business
- Collaboration on cost to serve initiatives to further drive cost efficiencies in the business
- Actively work/ support on analysis of agent and vendor costs
Required Skills / Experience:
- Advanced degree preferred with 5-6 years of relevant experience
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Strong strategic thinking and influencing skills
- Strong analytics skills, experience in data mining
- Close attention to detail and ability to work to very high standards
- Good communication and team skills in a multi-location set up
- Relevant experience in similar roles in investment analytics
- Ideal candidates for these positions would be a graduate/post-graduate from a premier college or institute. A computer science or mathematics background will be most suitable