About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With nearly $20 trillion of assets under custody, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Sales & Marketing
CIB Sales & Marketing professionals help corporate and institutional clients navigate the breadth of the J.P. Morgan’s product offerings across Markets and Investor Services. The teams focus on matching the firm’s resources to our clients’ needs. We do that through our traditional sales force that is organized by product, sector and geography, as well as through our e-Sales professionals who are spearheading the build out of our electronic offering, including the development of J.P. Morgan Markets.
Clients also have access to dedicated structuring professionals who generate actionable trade ideas and develop unique solutions that address specific client requirements. Additionally, the Global Investor Client Management (ICM) team works closely with our largest, most-active clients to connect them to the firm’s offerings that meet their unique needs.
Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
This role sits within the front office and will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. You will be exposed to pricing, developing and analyzing exotic products with a focus on credit and rates. You may also be involved in providing marketing ideas and help initiate transactions. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to gain wider exposure to other teams including sales, trading and research.
- Structuring Development and pricing of exotic products to suit client needs.
- Coordinate with various counterparts including trading, sales, legal and compliance to come up with new products.
- Understand drivers of relevant markets and establish a high degree of competence with clients around executing trades.
- Understands firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies.
- Build foundation of trust with clients by demonstrating an understanding of their needs, clearly articulating desk ideas, and being responsive.
- Balance potentially competing needs across clients, internal partners and the firm.
- Assist with the post trade process by ensuring the accuracy of all entries and to ensure internal controls are followed.
- Prepare presentation materials and participating in deal pitches.
- Performing financial valuation and analysis for product modelling.
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- Entrepreneurial drive with strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience working within an investment bank
- Demonstrable proficiency with market and product lingo. Well versed in the quantitative nature and framework of own product (e.g., pricing, models, etc).
- Demonstrates creativity in solving problems. Always looks for new ways of doing things.
- Understands the different types of risk and can discuss in detail ways of managing these risk.
- Thoroughly understands drivers of relevant markets and can explain and anticipate market movements.
- Understands transaction cycle and the steps in the process and is execution oriented.
- Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able to defend their validity and target messages to different audiences.
- Ability to interact comfortably with business clients and management.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently
- Japanese and English fluency is essential
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.