The Compliance Modeler / Model Reviewer will be responsible for reviewing and assigning fair lending risk rating for retail models, as well as conducting analysis and developing best-in-class challenger models for select business models. The role is a mix of project management, internal advisory, model development/review and data analysis.
In this highly visible role, the successful candidate will be able to think like an analytic leader with overall business picture in mind and develop & communicate the business analytics and model statistics/insights to modeling teams and management. Preferred to have strong analytical capability with creative thinking, hands-on skills (be able to pull your own data, write SAS code, manage appropriate system access (s) and be independent), regulatory experience and project management skills.
· Work with a team of decision science professionals to review and when needed develop best-in-class models for retail businesses
· Ensure that all models reviewed are appropriately risk tiered and are in compliance with regulatory requirements and the Firm-wide fair lending policy
· Provide insights derived from the models and modeling exercise to support fair lending strategies
· MS or PhD degree in Statistics, Economics/Econometrics, Applied Economics, Decision Science, Operations Research, Mathematics (or equivalent quantitative field)
· A minimum of 3 years of hand-on modeling experience. Experience in modeling within financial services is required.
· Outstanding analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills, which will require the ability to synthesize /analyze diverse information and develop strategy recommendations from observed outcomes.
· Previous experience to support regulatory examinations and internal audits is preferred.
· Strong written and oral communication skills to clearly present analytical findings.
· Strong organization and prioritization skills to switch gears between changing priorities and keep track
· Self-motivated learner looking for new ways to improve status quo process and deepen understanding of business.
· Proficient in the following applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SAS
· Experience/knowledge in Python and machine learning is a plus
· Experience/knowledge in Tableau or other visualization tools is a plus