About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. If you are interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, initiative and diversity are amongst our core values, then we welcome you to explore the opportunities at JPMorgan. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB)
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Custody and Fund Services
Custody and Fund Services, a division of J.P. Morgan Chase Bank, N.A.’s Investor Services business, is a global industry leader with $18 trillion in assets under custody. J.P. Morgan provides innovative custody, fund accounting and administration and securities services to the world’s largest institutional investors, alternative asset managers and debt and equity issuers. J.P. Morgan’s Custody and Fund Services business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
Hedge Fund Services Departmental Outline:
Hedge Fund Services (Fund Accounting) is a centre of expertise providing a Fund Accounting operational service to multiple clients and fund types on behalf of JP Morgan CIB. The Fund Accounting Team is responsible for generating, validating, and releasing NAV share prices for clients while maintaining an accurate accounting record.
The Associate (Officer) is an integral member of the Fund Accounting team who will be primarily responsible for managing all deliverables within their team. The Associate will perform a second level analysis of all issues identified and raised within the team and interact with the various Centralised Teams, where necessary, to ensure accuracy of the NAV and timely delivery. Responsible for the daily oversight of team members and the allocation of tasks within the team to ensure all deadlines / department objectives are met. The Associate will be required to contribute to the on boarding of new funds and clients and represent Fund Accounting during audit process.
- The ideal candidate should be competent in all aspects of NAV production and supplementary processes
- Ensure that production is appropriately planned and resourcing issues are addressed
- Manage and initiate re-engineering projects to continually improve the efficiency while maintaining the service standards of the team.
- Identify opportunities for best practice and deliver them into production.
- Control / Risk
- Escalation and resolution of issues in a timely manner
- Regularly review and ensure the team is operating within an appropriate control environment.
- Ensure checklists are completed and evidenced accordingly
Client / Service delivery
- Understand all deliverables and implications of missed SLA’s
- Maintain a green Fund Accounting scorecard rating with the clients.
- Monitor performance against guidelines set out in Key Performance Indicator's
- Establish effective working relationships with key contacts.
- Work closely with Operational Service Delivery and Middle Office to action issue remediation processes and operational issues
- Assist team members in training and coaching
- Ensure completion of regular staff reviews and 1-2-1’s
- Clearly define measurable objectives and development plans for your direct reports.
- Host regular one-to-one sessions and performance appraisals with your direct reports.
- Develop staff members around succession planning