JP Morgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Our Firmwide Risk Function
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves consumers and small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Consumer & Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Types of risk that occur in consumer businesses include fraud, reputation, operational, credit, market and regulatory, among others
As part of the fraud, claims and dispute team, the Associate, Fraud Risk Management will perform quantitative and qualitative analysis on accounts that are at risk for fraudulent activity. Responsibilities will include:
- Understanding strategies/opportunities in cross-functional risk teams such as Credit Card, Online Banking, Claims, and Telephone Banking etc.
To manage and control the risk around Credit and Debit Card and Claims Fraud.
Responsible for risk assessment and control of fraud detection and prevention strategies, enhancements of processes, and strategy implementation.
This role will require frequent interaction and communication with cross-functional partners and presentation to managers and executives. The successful candidate will excel at creative thinking and problem solving, be self-motivated, inquisitive to gain insight into potential impacts from changes, confident and ready to work in a
fast-paced energetic environment.
Interpret large amounts of complex data to understand the problem statement, assess conclusions and recommendations
from business partners regarding underlying risk dynamics, trends, and opportunities
Review and challenge recommended fraud prevention strategies ensuring comprehensive risk review while collaborating
to solve business issues
Analyze key risk indicators and metrics, enhance Risk reporting, and identify new areas of analytic focus to better the business in capturing fraud
Identify, evaluate and leverage external data sources and analytical solutions to collaborate on risk strategy solutions
Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional partners to understand and address key business challenges
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree 5+ years of relevant experience; credit card or prior financial services experience with authorizations or fraud strategies preferred.
- Strong preference would be given to someone with prior Controls/Governance background.
- Candidate must possess intellectual curiosity to learn about the credit card, debit card and claims fraud space.
- Strong presentation skills, must be able to effectively communicate proposed changes through formal presentations
- Plan and organize with clarity and attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, self-starter and able to work independently.
- Result oriented with proactive approach to resolving problems