JPMorgan Chase's Core Foundation Services (CFS) group, within Global Technology Infrastructure, designs and delivers critical and foundational platform solutions for all technology infrastructure systems across all lines of business. This includes the engineering design and delivery of platforms for Directory Services, Authentication and Privilege Management, Configuration Management, IPAM, Orchestration, Reference data, and more.
The CFS team is seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to design and execute automated and manual tests to ensure the software created by developers is fit for purpose. The QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The Software QA Engineer role plays an important part in our product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. Candidate will work with various cross-functional teams to implement solutions, and must be able to work in a global team setting and adapt to dynamic requirements. If you hold an engineering background and love finding and fixing bugs in code, as well as providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Perform non-functional testing such as scalability and performance tests.
- Establish, and regularly update, multi-phase delivery roadmap
- Proven work experience in software development (5+ years)
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance (5+ years)
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools like Selenium, HPE Fitnesse etc. (3+ years)
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Knowledge of programming languages like Java and Python.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.