Market Research Senior Associate - Chase Consumer Bank
Req #: 180003542
Job Category: Marketing/Communications
Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. Chase serves nearly half of America's households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: 5,200 branches, 16,000 ATMs, mobile, online and by phone. For more information, go to Chase.com.
Chase Market Research Department’s mission is to be advocates of the brand providing measurable value to the business by being truth tellers and business builders. We are seeking Market Research professionals who are ready for senior level visibility and have the courage to introduce innovative approaches so that business questions can be answered faster and more accurately. Candidates that thrive in team-oriented, innovative cultures would be a good fit for this role.
As a Market Research Senior Associate for the Chase Consumer Bank, you will provide strategic and decision support to senior business leaders across all functions including customer product marketing, innovation and customer experience. Research areas may include consumer behavior, new product development, segmentation, communications testing, digital marketing tracking, and the adoption of technology in retail banking.
Business Problems: Guides problem framing discussions with stakeholders with the goal of designing research to uncover actionable solutions.
Foundational: Develops objective focused research plans, applying a firm understanding of secondary data sources and primary research methodologies
Insights: Identifies interesting patterns in and across multiple data sets and through professional experience. Communicates insights to immediate stakeholders & peers. Proven track record in driving insight to action.
Synthesis: Synthesizes results through acquired market research knowledge and experience, presenting most impactful and relevant findings to business partners in an organized and understandable framework
Influencing: Demonstrates initiative in identifying key research needs and the ability to communicate results in ways that are intuitive to understand.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 4-7+ years’ experience in marketing research
- Master's degree in Marketing Research or related field a plus
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple market research projects: Drives for results, shows strong accountability, executes superbly and meets commitments
- Experience with a good mix of quantitative and qualitative methodology
- Ability and desire to develop a strong understanding of a client’s business and actively seeks input to anticipate client needs. Demonstrates a high level of standards to effectively meet or exceed these needs
- Collaborates effectively with colleagues, listens to understand various points of view
- Escalates issues quickly and helps to resolve; solution focused
- Participates in the development of goals, execution of strategies and management of budgets and vendor
- Demonstrates superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively
- Effective presentation skills, including the ability to tailor communications to different audiences
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and manage time effectively