JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.1 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial
transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan, Chase and Bank One brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate,institutional and government clients.If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at JPMorgan Chase.
As a WSS Technology Applications Developer you work with the business & Technology leadership to understand strategy and implications to mainframe application(s) under your responsibility. You will be accountable to Business
& Technology Management for end to end application scoping, planning, development, implementation and post implementation maintenance and support. You will meet regularly with Business partners to prioritize work in queue and client requests. Provide metric reporting indicating status of Work in Progress of various projects.
You will prioritize and manage development, implementation of enhancements /changes; work with PM's/Tech RM's
to incorporate customized client components into the overall release schedule & delivery framework, in addition to
overseeing the pipeline of requests for new enhancements or changes. This includes the final production acceptance
review & sign off.
You will partner with QA manager/Testing teams to ensure formal QA & UAT acceptance of test plans; help manage
the relationship with internal & external service vendors to ensure superior service delivery for all application core
technologies including the management of Offshore delivery; work with Application developers & Business Managers
to define & monitor Service Level Agreements and negotiate appropriate support commitments for existing products.
Additionally, you will manage budget.
You will manage individual workload and work of team to deliver agreed upon Project milestones; identify/mitigate risks
to delivering solutions on time. You may oversee junior developers, provide individuals within the team, constructive
feedback, coaching and delivering on other job related responsibilities; assist in performance reviews, appraisals and
career developments for each team member.
This role requires the demonstrated ability to manage multiple work streams that include Business Analyists, Developers,
Production Support, Architecture etc.
Partner with Development teams & Product teams to develop optimal technology solutions within the WSS Fund Services
- Minimum 5+ years of combined business, project management, team leadership & IT experience
- Application Development / Programming experience in Mainframe Technologies. EG: COBOL, DB2, CICS, JCL, SQL &
- Previous experience in Financial Services technology areas is required
- Experience with Sungard supported mainframe and/or distributed applications eg: InvestOne or EDA/EMS is preferred
- Strong analytical skills to include solid experience in writing technical specifications
- Knowledge of version & revision control practices & procedures
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Self Motivated /Strong Trouble Shooting skills
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies and tools
- Team Management experience required
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.