CCB - Control Officer Associate
Req #: 180001196
Job Category: Accounting/Finance/Audit/Risk
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Consumer & Community Banking, the firm’s largest Line of Business, serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services including: personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, merchant payments and auto financing. JPMorgan Chase & Co. continues to make investments aimed at increasing Consumer & Community Banking’s position in the marketplace.
Consumer & Community Banking offers an intriguing array of career opportunities within its well-established business units and support functions. Consumer & Community Banking’s unwavering commitment to attract, train, develop, and retain the best talent is on constant display within its highly-visible Oversight & Control organization. Oversight & Control’s primary focus is to ensure Consumer & Community Banking has a sustainable end-to-end control environment that identifies, escalates, addresses, and mitigates issues in a timely manner. The Oversight & Control Team collaborates with business partners, including Compliance, Risk Management, Legal, and Audit, to decrease Consumer & Community Banking’s exposure to financial loss, compliance issues, and/or reputational risk. Due to Oversight & Control’s unique position within Consumer & Community Banking, Control associates are primed to explore career paths that expand across the firm.
The Control Officer Associate will independently focus on evaluating and performing an end-to-end analysis of the business’ risk and control environment. This individual will ensure that controls are properly designed, operating effectively, and essential to Consumer & Community Banking’s risk mitigation efforts. The Control Officer Associate’s analyses will be used to guide Consumer & Community Banking’s business units toward a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols. The role may partner with peers and multiple levels of management to develop, implement, and strengthen Consumer & Community Banking’s risk-based practices, procedures, and systems.Responsibilities
- Exercise critical thinking and problem solving skills to analyze data and communicate conclusions
- Assess critical business processes in an end-to-end manner to identify significant gaps and weaknesses within the control environment and determine root cause of control issues
- Make recommendations for enhancement and efficiencies
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of the business control environment through execution of the Risk & Control Assessment Program
- Participate in meetings with business partners at various levels of management to influence sustainable control enhancements, and recognize opportunities to strengthen control effectiveness and improve operational efficiency
- Partner with business units through ongoing testing and monitoring of controls [Add if applicable]
- Develop and execute robust control test scripts designed to identify control weaknesses, determine root causes, and recommend solutions [Add if applicable]
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 2-5 years’ experience in financial services industry with background in controls, audit, quality assurance, risk management, or compliance preferred; or equivalent subject matter expertise in a relevant business related function/operation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred
- Ability to evaluate the adequacy of the control environment and awareness of Inherent and Residual Risk
- Strong written and verbal communication with an ability to articulate the control evaluation results in a meaningful and actionable manner
- Self-motivated with effective time management and multitasking skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; exceptional collaboration and relationship building skills
- Flexible, quickly adapts to changes in the work environment, and manages competing priorities to achieve the most effective results