Associate - Private Equity Real Estate Services (‘PERES’) Analytics - Bangalore
Req #: 180005617
Job Category: Product Management
Global Fund Services – Private Equity Real Estate Services (‘PERES’) Analytics – Associate – Bangalore
J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB):
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Custody & Fund Services:
J.P. Morgan Custody - global leader with $22 trillion in assets under custody, provides Institutional investors access to markets worldwide for the settlement, safekeeping and asset servicing of securities, along with ancillary services such as Foreign Exchange and Liquidity Solutions. J.P. Morgan’s Custody and Fund Services (C&FS) business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
PE Fund Services Role Overview:
The successful candidate will be working with the team responsible for implementing and executing waterfall solutions for PERES clients. The candidate will work with client services and accounting teams on the on-boarding of new funds on the waterfall platform, maintain waterfall calculations, scope out fund specific waterfall requirements through analysis of Limited Partnership Agreements (LPAs). On a higher level, the candidate will be expected to participate in the development of the waterfall function and platform. The waterfall team being part of the Product Development function, the candidate may also be involved in the development and optimisation of the broader PERES technology platform.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with client services and fund accounting teams to implement bespoke waterfall solutions for PERES clients.
- Help on-board new Private Equity funds on Cascade, PERES’ main waterfall system.
- Analyse LPAs and Side-Letters to derive calculation methodology of distributions and carried interests, and select most appropriate model.
- Help prepare summaries of understanding further to LPA analyses and work with client services to reach final client sign off.
- Contribute to the improvement of the strategic waterfall platform, with a particular focus on efficiency, processes & controls. Lay out a quality control procedures to ensure solutions are defect free.
- Work with the data teams to ensure proper data capture in Investran for funds to be compatible with respective waterfall solutions.
- Work with fund accounting teams during fund on-boarding to devise accounting strategies compatible with respective waterfall solutions.
- Work with Investran end-users to build & customise Investran reports associated with process.
- Post on-boarding support to ensure smooth functioning of waterfall solutions.
- Work with the reporting team to devise appropriate reporting solutions.
- Liaise with third party technology providers to ensure proper support and governance
- Participate in development of the broader PERES technology platform
- Strong techno-functional expertise of FIS Investran
- Specific experience supporting fund administration
- Strong knowledge of PE waterfall calculations, including the ability to analyze LPAs.
- Crystal, SSRS, Tableau, SQL and/or VBA skills would be an advantage
- Ability to converse with fund accountant and client services to gather their requirements and the competence to convert the requirements into appropriate technical solutions
- Strong financial and analytical skill set
- Self-starter with a proven track record in private equity fund administration
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to interact at all levels (both internal and client)
- Good organizational and planning skills, with the ability to manage many tasks at once in a structured manner
- An ability to work in teams distributed across the globe and travel to onshore offices, if required