As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
•Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
•Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
•Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
•Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
•Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages
•Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- Should have relevant recent hands on experience in application development. Provide technical leadership and architectural guidance for design and implementation of software system enhancements
2. Ensure adherence to architecture standards, risk management and security policies
3. Identify efficiencies and ways to improve design and development processes
4. Review business requirements/functional specifications requirements and provide oversight and guidance on proposed technology solutions
5. Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all businesses across Technology and among technology team members.
6. Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels
7. Work effectively within collaborative team to identify and resolve issues
8. Design, analyze, develop, code, test, debug and document in solving business problems for one or more business areas
9. Provide L3 Support
· 7+ years of experience in information technology with an emphasis on application development, demonstrated experience with applications development throughout the entire development lifecycle
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Ability to work on multiple projects and manage many priorities
· Strong written and verbal communication as well as strong interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
· Ability to absorb problems & present creative solutions within required timeframes
· Must be able to demonstrate significant relevant work experience, or had experience of several major technology implementation projects
· Demonstrated experience working with, and across, multiple teams in a global organization
· Be self-driven, ability to work independently or with multiple teams
2. Experience in developing applications with inter process communication and distributed cache
3. Spring framework, Hibernate framework, MVC Framework
4. Apache, Tomcat, Maven
5. XML, Web Services, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
6. SQL performance tuning, web application performance analysis and tuning, analyzing performance metrics
7. Debugging skills – Java, web app and SQL debugging
8. Defensive Programming e.g. prevention of cross-script attack, sql injection etc
9. Hands on experience on Mule framework will be an added advantage.
1. Experience in developing end to end solutions involving UI, server and DB.
2. Experience in database tuning
3. Experience of data/information architecture would be an advantage
4. Agile development experience
5. Basic Unix experience
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran