JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of approximately $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner.
The Global Technology Infrastructure Core Foundation Services team (GTI CFS) is responsible for providing end to end support for critical technologies that are used across the company. This includes Configuration and Orchestration, Identity Management, Name Services, Enterprise Monitoring Solutions, and automation tools used to manage these technologies.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing engineering team and build out the next generation of automation technology for our platform. The ideal candidate is a hands-on-platform builder with significant experience in developing applications. We are looking for someone who can be a full stack java developer and build an end to end application which includes:
- User interfaces
- Creating API’s and service layers
- Architecting and developing a data layer to persist information
- Distributed streaming and messaging layers
As part of the Configuration Management and Automation Services (CMAS) team you will help deliver on the next generation of automation frameworks to be adopted by all technology teams that transforms how JP Morgan Chase approaches resiliency, operational efficiencies, and adoption of modern DevOps practices.
In the role of Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing applications end to end
- Analyzing, designing, and writing applications
- Developing tests and test-automation
- Collaborate cross functionality with infrastructure developers, support teams, and other software engineering teams
- Working with a team of software engineers and infrastructure developers to deliver automation frameworks that will be adopted by all technologists
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvements
- Hands-on experience developing in Java frameworks such as AngularJS and Spring Boot
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer Science or similar degree with experience in the following software/tools:
- Infrastructure automation technologies: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Build automation technologies: Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Monitoring technologies: Nagios, Tivoli, SCOM, etc.
- Modern programming languages: Java, Python, etc.
- Building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Creating a distributed streaming or messaging layer using QPID, RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.
- Scripting languages like Perl, Shell, etc.