About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Wealth Management division of J.P Morgan Chase & Co is part of the Asset & Wealth Management business segment. For over 160 years it has offered customized solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $1.3 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
The International Wealth Management Tax Operations group as part of the International Wealth management Operations team. It is primarily responsible for the Tax withholding and reporting for our clients as well as leading the Tax Projects
The International Private Bank (IPB) Operations platform is uniquely positioned at the heart of all that we do, impacting our business undertakings from end to end. Our department supports all client Tax withholding and Reporting as well as all Tax initiatives both locally and internationally. We oversee Taxation of our clients and act as SMEs on Operational Tax matters and Client Documentation relating to Tax.
We are offering you an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team in a fast paced and challenging area working on creating a new team and implementing best practices for Asia and other regions.
Being part of the Operations Tax leadership team based in Geneva, the successful candidate will be leading a team of Tax specialists for US withholding and Reporting also working in conjunction with Client Onboarding Teams, Corporate Tax, Business Partners and Tax Operations partners around the globe to execute the Bank’s Tax agenda .
As a US Tax Operations Manager, your role will be to:
- Manage the day to day activities of the US Tax team, including people management, resource planning and talent development
- Own all US regulatory and reporting deadlines (1042s/1099/FATCA, IGA etc)
- Coordinate product review & classification for US tax purposes
- Actively participate in the implementation of the Responsible Office Programme for FATCA and QI
- Implement new controls and processes to ensure consistency in the region and internationally.
- Manage and prioritize initiatives that are requested by stakeholders, collaborate with project managers and act as Tax SME when needed.
- Build strong ties to the EMEA business function partnering on Tax subjects.
- Act as first point of escalation for US Tax matters
Required experience and skills
- Experienced Tax Manager with experience in handling complex Tax processes, ideally with people management
- Expertise and experience in Tax Operations
- Deep knowledge of FATCA and US Tax reporting and withholding and related client documentation
- Strong organizational, prioritization and analytical skills
- Ability to work on several initiatives at the same time and under pressure/tight deadlines
- Manage effectively stakeholders from various areas and locations
- Ability to communicate, present effectively and tailor communication to audience
- Advanced MS access and Excel with macros knowledge is a plus
- Excellent command of English
- High level of integrity
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.