Commercial Banking – Chief Administrative Office (CAO) – Project Management Manager – Vice President
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. JPMorgan Chase & Co.is committed to providing a comprehensive set of benefits choices to meet different employee needs and lifestyles, which include choices such as Flexible Work Arrangements with periodic work from home and non-standard business hours, fully paid parental leave time, health care insurance and retirement benefits.
Commercial Banking serves more than 30,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. The Firm's broad platform positions the Commercial Bank to deliver extensive product capabilities - lending, treasury services, investment banking, and asset management - to meet our clients' domestic and international financial needs.
CB CAO is a multifaceted organization comprised of multiple business units including Project Welcome, Wholesale Loan Operations, Client Service, Technology, Regulatory Operations, Know Your Customer Operations, Client Onboarding and Strategy & Process Improvement that support all lines of business in Commercial Banking.
CB CAO is seeking a highly motivated individual to manage projects under the Simple Docs program of Project Welcome. Project Welcome is a multi-year, multi-disciplinary program creating a “clean-sheet”, client-centric and aspirational client onboarding experience. The Simple Docs team creates simple, “plain-English” onboarding documents that are assembled and delivered digitally to clients. This project involves utilizing efficient organizational structures, processes and tools to ensure a fulsome client experience by improving client documentation and the processes associated with delivering/completing documentation. This role requires broad knowledge of the firm and its key functions and close coordination and communication with all Project Welcome partners, including process and technology resources. As a Project Management Manager, you are responsible for identifying opportunities for documentation improvements, including simplification, consolidation, and elimination and leading the execution and delivery.
• Design and develop client-oriented process to rethink and enhance new and existing client on-boarding around legal and client-facing documents
• Lead change through the execution of multiple projects that involve complex business functions.
• Lead multiple cross-organizational/LOB or cross-business unit projects to deliver significant business results/deliverables
• Recommend and prioritize tactical and strategic projects to deliver ongoing sustainable business improvements
• Work closely with technology team to develop digitized document templates and provide deliverables to support document related functionality on digital platforms.
• Utilize a practical approach to the application of methods such as Six Sigma/Lean/Agile
• Direct cross-organizational program teams through project lifecycle from ideation to project execution, including executive approval and multiple demand management processes
• Manage and direct overall project team activities and monitor progress, including project health, capacity planning, developing and mentoring staff, and internal process improvement activity
• Communicate effectively with senior management via multiple channels
• Resolve conflict through expert collaboration and broad decision-making
• Manage budget for assigned projects or program, monitor progress and adjust resources and priorities accordingly
• Build cohesive, winning teams through strong communication and involvement of all team members
Develop effective presentations and project update materials suitable for senior executives.
• Be recognized as subject matter expert, trusted partner or role model
• Able to manage influence and motivation upward and downward
• Ability to develop and articulate well thought out business case and its financial/bottom line impacts
• Understand interdependencies between multiple variables and must consider tradeoffs and impact of decisions
• Anticipate and resolve both customer and general issues with a sense of urgency
• Contribute to setting and driving the strategic direction for the department
• Engage organization in introducing ideas for improving client service
• Mobilize resources across boundaries to solve issues in a productive manner
• Pursue cross functional opportunities to improve customer experience or meet customer needs
• Demonstrate superior judgment to mitigate risk that could impact the firm’s reputation
• Foster an environment where risk/control issues are escalated, and trends are anticipated and identified
• Minimum 7 years of relevant experience (program management, change management, project management)
• Independent self-starter with the ability to handle multiple priorities and produce successful results in a fast-paced environment
• Critical thinking ability; can understand all the information available, tie it all together and speak to it clearly and concisely
• Established track record of delivery in a complex environment
• Ability to partner across functional teams and interact with all levels of the organization
• Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present information in differing degrees of detail and form depending on the audience
• Proven work experience influencing others (change management) to initiate a recommended course of action to solve a problem or increase efficiency.
• Must demonstrate a strong attention to detail with excellent organization skills.
• BA/BS degree
• Minimum 3 years in financial services experience
• Minimum 3 years in executing projects in a matrix environment and working with technology.
• Consulting experience along with the ability to understand business drivers and requirements to deliver solutions to business issues and problems
• Strong project management methodology and techniques with proven teamwork and influential skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite