Vice President Strategic Analytics
Req #: 170115495
Job Category: Accounting/Finance/Audit/Risk
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
We operate in more than 100 markets.
We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services through our 137,000 employees. Consumer & Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Our Risk Management professionals work directly with Consumer Banking, Business Banking, Auto/Student Loan, Card and Commerce Services, Chase Wealth Management and Mortgage Banking to minimize, monitor and control the probability of risk events and mitigate the impact of risk events that do occur.
- Be the functional owner for credit risk policies of the business card and business banking portfolios within Chase CCB.
- Lead a team of experienced, highly talented and motivated analytical talent. Should have ability to hire (superior talent), manage performance and upskill people.
- Strong ability to work with the CRO for business cards and his leadership to set the vision for the risk function and drive the strategic priorities of the business.
- Develop and maintain key credit risk policy Strategies by conducting complex analysis to segment data and isolate risk using analytical techniques such as clustering and decision trees, and leveraging both internal and external credit data
- Interpret large amounts of complex data to formulate problem statement, concise conclusions regarding underlying risk dynamics trends and opportunities
- Develop, communicate and implement optimal risk strategies (including rules, cutoffs, policies, operational flows, etc.)
- Identify key risk indicators and metrics, develop key metrics, enhance reporting and formulate areas of analytic focus to better capture and manage the asset quality of the portfolio
- Provide subject matter expertise on strategy implementation/testing and initiatives related to the improvement of risk mitigation processes and infrastructure
- Identify, evaluate and leverage external data sources and analytical solutions to enhance risk strategies
- Work with cross-functional partners, e.g., Finance, Credit, Technology and Business to understand and address key business challenges
- Master’s/ Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Mathematics (or equivalent quantitative field)
- Strong SAS programming , Unix, Secure Shell and SQL programming skills
- Advanced PC Skills, Word, Powerpoint, and Excel (graphs, charts, formulas etc.)
- Minimum 8 years of total experience with 4+ years of experience in Consumer Lending Business Analysis, Risk or related Financial Analysis
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills to clearly present analytical findings and make business recommendations via the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Evidence of leadership, initiative, productivity and teamwork
- Prior experience of working in US Cards industry in strategy / policy role.
- Ability to understand business needs, diagnose performance issues, and develop recommendations through combination of data analysis and business critical thinking
- Familiarity with current analytical techniques, e.g. regression, decision trees, segmentation techniques, etc and experience with portfolio management and/or loss forecasting
- Ability to prioritize goals to meet business objectives and work under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Consumer Credit experience; incumbent should possess an understanding of the risk management practices of consumer lenders (preferably US auto lenders).
- Drive for results.
- Thought clarity & attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - ability to liaison with cross functional groups, present results to senior leaders, create effective presentations.
- Leading a team of more than 5 members and developing talent.