J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
- The purpose of the job is to do quality check on work completed by both onshore and offshore team on a daily basis as well as capture the number of requests processed for the MIS/Reporting purposes. Should be able to build & sustain high performance team by managing expectations, building rapport & good professional relationships.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS AND % TIME
- Support the team in their mission to provide top quality operations.
- Gain end to end knowledge of the process & as an SME, assist the team in resolving their queries on various request types & involve in effective transfer of knowledge.
- Ability to handle all miscellaneous requests related to the process & assist the team with research & investigation as required.
- Ability to review the SOPs of the process & incorporate the necessary changes/updates as required. Sharing the updates/changes made effectively with the team.
- Ensure to document procedures and identify requirements for additional controls as required.
- Ensure effective transfer of knowledge.
- Good on MIS & Reporting requirements.
- Should be able to effectively manage performance of the team by coaching/providing feedback, influencing & build good rapport.
- Ability to resolve conflicts, negotiate & manage difficult conversations.
- Good in problem solving & decision making
- 100 % adherence to procedures to ensure that there is not bad client experience.
- Ensure adherence to operational procedures to complete task in an accurate and timely manner.
- To provide processing support for effective and efficient process delivery.
- Maintain optimal Productivity & Accuracy levels for the team as defined for the process.
- Ensure timely follow-ups on the pending/ageing requests, if any by the team.
- Ensure that all requests are completed by the team before cutoff and there is no SLA miss.
- Ensure the capturing of the details of the requests processed on a daily basis for the MIS/Reporting purposes.
· Minimum qualifications Graduate (Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/other related background) with ability to lead a group of individuals & effectively manage their performance.
· Minimum experience Min 3+ years’ experience in Financial Services environment
· Key competencies must indicate competencies essential to do the job:
o People, Performance & Relationship Management. Foster team work & build high performance team.
o Ensure team’s adherence of operational procedures to complete task in an accurate and timely manner.
o Ability to coach, provide timely feedback & guide the team.
o An acute awareness of the high risk, time critical and complex nature of the Private Banking environment, an ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines is essential.
- Flexible to work shifts (primarily NA), overtime and on holidays.
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint & MS Outlook.
o Ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
o A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through.
o Client focused.
o Good time management skills
o Uses initiative & readily questions.
o Must be very detailed oriented.
o Excellent written & spoken English communication skills.
o An appreciation of control and quality issues.
o Strong team player and has the capacity to build good working relationships with cross functional/geographical teams
- Result oriented, accepting responsibilities and challenges that take them outside their comfort zone.
- Have positive outlook and a desire to stretch themselves & team to achieve both personal and functional success.
- Risk aware & Control orientated.
- Escalate timely as & when required.
o Support the team in their mission to provide top quality operations.
o Document procedures and identify requirements for additional controls.
o Completion of daily checklist and reporting.
o Establish excellent relationships with various internal departments and external parties with whom interaction is required.
o Actively work with the team to resolve exceptions. Prepare case notes and discuss learning's with team.
o Look for opportunities to improve process efficiency.