JP Morgan Introduction:
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial
banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate &
Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits,
institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit,
Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking,
Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the
most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the
government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial
institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a
critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers
(GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations
regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business
operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
JOB TITLE:CA Intern/ Industrial trainee
DEPARTMENT: CIB & Corporate
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Preparation of primary financial statements in accordance with accounting and regulatory disclosure
requirements within agreed deadlines.
· Preparation of Financial Statements and related accounting/portfolio information
· Fund Accounting operations knowledge. Should have an understanding of the different inputs and variables that impact the NAV calculation
· Aggregating and analyzing compliance reports from multiple proprietary applications
· Drawing appropriate comparisons between holding positions, market & security attributes at fund level
· Reconciliation reporting with investment managers
· Preparing standard and customized client reporting in timely and accurate way
· Lead and ensure completion of daily activities are timely
· Audit compliance and co-operation
· Design, develop and support various Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly reporting around Revenue,Executive Management Reports (EMR’s), Performance reports, expense, headcount and Balance Sheet as per business requirements
· Build and analyze annual/multi-year budgets for specific Line of Business (LOBs) per the stringent corporate deadlines. Review actuals periodically to Budgets and build variance analysis
· Support quarterly business reviews and any analysis required during senior management visits
· Support ad hoc requests from the business and senior management with respect to various deliverables like Operating Committee reviews, Business Reviews, Investor Day, Senior Business Leaders Conferences,Firm wide /LOB CFO reviews, Budget reviews etc.
· Analyze, communicate and deliver on high quality MIS in stringent timelines
· Ability to understand the changing business needs and redesign MIS and analysis around the same
· Proactive involvement in the business and development of technological infrastructure required to support
Key Skills and Knowledge:
· Good understanding of financial and regulatory reporting requirements
· Knowledge of financial instruments and their accounting treatment
· Experience of IFRS / US GAAP an advantage
· Knowledge of Mutual funds/Hedge Fund/Capital Market
· Ability to lead from the front in tough situations
· Good understanding of fund administration and valuation function
· Professional approach to delivering quality client service
· Flexible & willing to work additional hours at peak reporting times if necessary (shift timing include 6am - 3.30 pm or 3.30 pm -12.30 am)
· Should be willing to work weekends( Saturday & Sunday) during peak cycles
· Detailed understanding of WORD/EXCEL
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Result and target oriented
· Good knowledge of finance, accounting and valuation concepts
· Attention to detail to ensure accuracy and completeness of work
· Excellent MS Excel (data manipulation, macros, v-lookups, pivot tables) / MS Access/ MS PowerPoint skill sets
· Working knowledge of MIS tools like Essbase, Business Objects etc. will be an added advantage
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.