As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
• Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
• Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
• Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages
• Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
• Must have a passion for Big Data ecosystem and understands the structured, semi-structured or unstructured data pretty well
• Big data background with experience designing and implementing large scale systems
• 10+ years of overall experience in middle-tier/backend systems development in Java, Big Data, RDBMS, ETL and Data warehousing with Linux environments.
• 5+ years of hands on experience working in a technical environment as senior developer or technical lead.
• 3+ years of hands-on experience on Hadoop stack of technologies (Cloudera distribution for Hadoop is preferable) such as Map Reduce, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, HBase, Oozie etc. is must.
• 3+ Working experience with Enterprise Java development, NoSql data platforms (Cassandra), Pub/sub messaging (Rendezvous, AMPS, Kafka, etc), Stream processing (Storm, Spark Streaming, etc)
• 3+ Years of experience into Agile (Scrum) methodology
• 3+ years of hands-on experience with data architecture, data modeling, database design and data warehousing.
• 3+ years of hands-on experience with SQL development and query performance optimization.
• 2+ years of experience in Linux environment
• 1+ years of experience in Talend is absolute plus / highly desirable.
• 1+ years of hands-on experience an ETL tool like Pentaho, Data Stage, Informatica, or Ab Initio.
• 2+ years of hands-on experience with traditional RDBMS such as Oracle, DB2, MS SQL and/or PostgresSQL.
• 2+ years of experience in data security paradigm.
• Fair understanding of Cloud technologies.
• Some knowledge of Scala and Python languages.
• Extensive experience with horizontally scalable and highly available system design and implementation, with focus on performance and resiliency
• Willingness to commit extra effort to meet deadlines as required on a high profile and business critical project
• Excellent thinking, verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong estimating, planning and time management skills.
• Strong understanding of Big Data and open source technologies.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, highly engaging, high-pressure environment.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.