Software Engineering Lead
Req #: 180006831
Job Category: Technology
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
Currently we are seeking a cross functional scrum team member to develop original and creative technical solutions for ongoing product development. We are looking for self-motivated agile engineers who don’t need to be convinced that quality is everyone’s responsibility. We are embracing TDD, continuous integration, and regular small releases. Candidates will be able to demonstrate an understanding of design principles and patterns and test driven development.
• Work on a scrum team to deliver software solutions by providing the essential benefit to the customers by delivering the simplest solution to the functional requirement
• Work cross-functionally with other team members: other engineers, testers, product owners, designers, Ops, customer support
• Mentor junior engineers, new team members, and apply technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
• Use disparate pieces of information to drive investigation and problem solving. Especially in situations where there may not be very much information available on the problem, you use creativity and teamwork to drive investigation and devise an appropriate fix
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related quantitative discipline preferred
• 5+ years’ experience designing, developing and implementing software solutions, constantly seeking to be an expert.
• Must have experience leading a team
• Expert with the following technologies: C#, .NET framework, Angular, SQL Server or Oracle
• Java development experience preferred
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Experience with Cloud aware architectures and Cloud Foundry deployment a plus
• Experience with SOA Architecture and Microservices implementation a plus
• Excellent communication skills
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.