Global Services Operations (GSO) is responsible for service support and delivery for JPMorgan Chase's Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI). Through its Global Service Desk and Infrastructure Operations Centers, GSO provides global, coordinated diagnostic and support services, while its Production Assurance and Support functions leverage and execute industry-leading infrastructure management and support processes that are designed to minimize customer outages and impacts.
Within GSO, the Critical Infrastructure Operations team was formed to provide high level / dedicated 24*7 Level 2 support via follow the sun for the following key Security/Configuration Management/Automation Platforms: Keon, Sophia, LDAP, CFEngine, and Puppet.
As an Senior Linux/Puppet Administrator within the GSO Critical Infrastructure Operations team, you will be responsible for supporting JPMC's complex Linux (focused on Critical Infra apps) environment, incident resolution, providing subject matter expertise to other team members, driving improvements and ensuring the highest degree of resilience and top tier
support, resulting in uninterrupted platform availability. Driving service improvement across the environment is key to the role: managing all service delivery, resiliency, efficiency, and audit programs as well as ensuring engineering standards and products are integrated across the platforms. The scope of responsibilities will entail trouble ticket investigations, root
cause analysis, resolution, implementing, measuring, and improving all processes, procedures, and activities required to ensure maximum availability, utility, flexibility, and responsiveness of the production environment.
- Must be able to take ownership of issues and drive through to resolution across a complex, global enterprise environment.
- Must be able to manage mission critical environments for a major global financial services organization and strive for continual improvement across the environment.
- Be able to effectively communicate with diverse technical teams, multiple lines of business at all levels within the organization.
- Perform proactive duties, including capacity management, patch management and software upgrades.
- Work well independently and as part of a group within a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Perform all duties following all JPMC standards regarding engagement, change management, and escalations.
- Required to escalate to vendors and provide root cause analysis and incident reports. Provide timely resolution to break/fix issues.
- Readily able to create and implement automations, reducing repeat activities/tasks.
- Experience building and supporting resilent and heavily automated platofrms.
- Experience and knowledge of DevOps
This position may require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
7+ years’ experience on Linux platforms (REDHAT is preferred)
3+ years working with configuration management tools (CFE/CHEF/PUPPET, Ansible)
5+ year's of scripting experience (bash, python and perl is preferred)
Basic knowledge of database technologies (ORACLE/MySQL, etc..)
Strong understanding of all LINUX security best practices
Extensive experience in application/system/network performance and availability monitoring
Proven technical leadership experience, including the ability to quickly understand an issue, appropriately / efficiently troubleshoot to detailed levels and direct swift resolution
Solid knowledge of APACHE/Weblogic and MQ
Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent experience
Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment
Strong ability to take ownership of issues and drive resolution across teams
Assertive personality and drive improvement across environment
Effective written and verbal communication skills
Ability to develop strong client relationships and partner with technology engineering teams.
RHCE and Puppet certification is preferred
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.