As a member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, you'll play a big part in designing the platforms, servers, and networks make it possible for us to provide service to our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe each and every day. In this role you’ll call on your experience designing tailored solutions to understand the requirements of a project, test the performance of the infrastructure, and verify that the requirements have been successfully met. As a team, you and your peers will be responsible for driving results, collecting and analyzing monitoring data in test and production, and managing projects to completion. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team of engineers who shares your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• 8 - 10 years experience in distributed storage environments
• 8 - 10 years experience in an associated technology (Server, Networks)
• Must have experience with NetApp
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Windows, Sun Solaris, HP-UX, AIX
• Advanced experience of NetApp Ontap 8.x & cDoT
• Advanced Experience in NFS/CIFS protocol troubleshooting.
• Experience in Ontap 7-Mode & cDoT upgrades.
• Advanced NetApp replication & snapvault technology experience & troubleshooting.
• Experience in NetApp hardware refresh/migrations.
• Advanced experience of vendor tools for managing, configuring, and troubleshooting (including performance)
• Intermediate /Advanced experience with large switched fabric environment for Brocade & Cisco
• Must have Expert knowledge of basic RAID, storage tiering, storage architecture concepts, storage virtualization, local and datacenter replication practices, and storage best practices
• Strong scripting automation skills: Perl, Unix shell scripting (Ksh/Bash) and Expect
• Good understanding of impact and importance of storage services to customers. Sense of urgency around critical issues
• Good positive attitude and helpful approach
• Good spoken and written English
• Ability to communicate clear and concise information in support of team and firm goals
• Timely escalation of critical and/or complex issues as required
• Ability to solve operational issues with both tactical and long-term solutions
• Good problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent time management and personal task prioritization
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
©2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.