About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $23.5 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Custody and Fund Services
Custody and Fund Services, is a global industry leader with $23.5 trillion in assets under custody. J.P. Morgan provides innovative custody, fund accounting and administration and securities services to the world’s largest institutional investors, alternative asset managers and debt and equity issuers. J.P. Morgan’s Custody and Fund Services business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
The Custody & Fund Services (C&FS) Program Management Group (PMG) is responsible for the management of the C&FS Product Development Change Portfolio covering investment planning, program management disciplines and controls, cross functional program delivery and the reporting and control framework of the C&FS change portfolio covering over 180 separate programs. This position is for a Project Manager (PjM) to work in the cross functional program delivery team. The PjM will work on high-priority programs as directed by Head C&FS focussed on stabilizing and remediating major platform programs. These are delivered through a combination of People, Process and Platform changes, with the latter involving vendor and in-house systems, detailed user acceptance testing and implementation planning. The C&FS PMG lead Stabilization Program Manager will lead the program stabilization, to whom the Stabilization PjM will work in managing programs through:
1) Supporting the Stabilization PM in the establishment of comprehensive standardized program governance.
2) Conducting research and analysis and generating materials in support of Program initiation covering Program Charter, scope, stakeholders and other key program artefacts.
3) Development and Maintenance of the program plan, RAID Log, action list and SharePoint site.
4) Detailed program planning and execution management utilizing standardized PMG program methodology.
5) Driving program execution with a diversity of stakeholders across Product, Operations (including the Middle Office) and Technology and escalating to the Stabilization PM as appropriate.
7) Preparation of program status reporting for working groups, steering committees and other governance forums.
8) Development and maintenance of the program lessons identified log and administration of the close down processes.
9) Coordination and facilitation of program meetings
1) Leadership of assigned program / project deliverables.
2) Generation and maintenance of program documentation covering governance, stakeholder management, plans, actions and RAID Logs.
3) Development and maintenance of Program SharePoint sites
4) Program Risk Management, management of assigned issues and risks and ensuring risks & issues are escalated appropriately within C&FS where appropriate.
4) Generation and briefing of program communications.
5) Running program governance forums including the Working Group, issue resolution meetings and other ad-hoc meetings as required.
Strong project leader who works collaboratively with stakeholders whilst ensuring the team is held to account for individual and collective delivery.
Motivated self-starter who networks effectively and is tenacious in achieving results.
Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and with external clients.
Analytical skills, problem solving, good critical thinking and decision-making skills based upon fact and business/industry knowledge.
Strong time management skills, with an ability to multitask and work under pressure.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel, Project, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
Well organized and with attention to detail in generating and maintaining detailed program documentation.
Experience working across multiple business areas and/or functions to deliver results.
Project Manager with a track record of managing the successful delivery of medium to large scale programs.
Ideally has experience of successfully delivering Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) based projects.
Ideally holds a PM certification from a recognized internal or external body demonstrating a commitment to maintaining recognized PM standards.
Good knowledge of the Products and clients served by C&FS are an advantage.
The PM is based in the US, however the post holder should be prepared to work on Global programs and engage with colleagues across regions and time zones.