We are looking for an accomplished individual, with a very strong background in quantitative computing, to lead the implementation of our next generation of real time systems for preventing fraud in real time financial transactions, using big data techniques . This role will work closely with financial modelers in JPMC’s Consumer and Community Banking businesses, and manage a team of quantitative software developers to implement these models using state-of-the-art cloud and big data technologies. In addition to technical skills, excellent communications and project management skills are essential.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Mastery of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Command of architecture, design and business processes
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
- Advanced degree in engineering, finance, or other quantitative discipline, with doctorate preferred.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience, including at least 5 years leading an Agile software development team in a corporate environment, either in finance or another regulated industry.
- Very strong expertise in computer programming, applied mathematics, statistics, and data analysis.
- Experience with quantitative programming, with focus on simulation, including Monte Carlo techniques and parallel processing.
- Expertise in data gathering, cleaning, and analysis.
- Highly skilled in concise and graphical presentation of numerical information.
- Superb problem solving skills.
- Self-starter, able to identify and prioritize key tasks and drive them to resolution.
- Excellent communication skills; must be comfortable interacting across organizational and hierarchical lines.
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines, and to adapt quickly to unexpected change
Highly preferred qualifications:
- Experience implementing cloud-based systems.
- Experience using SQL for data extraction and transformation.
- Experience with big data technologies, including Hadoop and Spark.
- Experience with GPU computing.
- Understanding of Basel regulatory framework for banks.
- Experience with retail banking regulatory reporting.
- Familiarity with financial markets theory and practice.
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co, you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, out team of 40,000 + technologist design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organizations that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tacking big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.