As an experience professional in our Cybersecurity organization, you’re equally committed to watching over our data today, as well as finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future. To do that, you’ll help lead a highly motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You’ll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You’ll take the lead on incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, all of which ladder up to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. You’ll deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. You’ll keep management, executive directors, managing directors and stakeholders in the loop, as well as managing people and budgets. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
As a member of the Cybersecurity Operations team, you’ll use your leadership skills to give guidance and risk-aligned advice to support our business and technology groups. The Data Loss Prevention (“DLP”) Content Engineer will design, develop, test, and implement preventative and detective controls for protect the firm from data exfiltration. The Content Engineer provides operational oversight of the controls in the DLP event monitoring environment including policies, procedures, governance, and integration with Security Information and Event Management (“SEIM”) systems. The DLP Content Engineer is responsible employing a threat-based approach for designing risk-aligned controls and correlation with relevant risk factors or data points. The DLP Engineer is responsible for evaluating events and trends for purposes of improving risk-alignment and performance tuning and works closely with other IT and business areas to ensure high quality implementation of security controls within the IT infrastructure and operational processes. The candidate must have experience with DLP systems, SIEM and log management technologies.
- Develop and implement DLP policies and response actions in cooperation with line of business stakeholders geared toward to the business strategic direction
- Ensures stability and resiliency of Cybersecurity products and services
- Designs, analyzes, develops and implements DLP monitoring controls
- Host use case workshops to identify attack vectors and develop monitoring rules to detect data leakage incidents in the environment and appropriate triage procedures
- Employs approved defense-in-depth principles along the kill chain to eliminate risk and vulnerabilities and improves security controls
- Capable of performing technical and non-technical (people and operations) risk and vulnerability assessments and supports data loss incident response
- Leads data loss incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments
- Executes research and development of proof of concept in line with emerging industry trends
- Coordinating and conducting event collection, log management, event management, compliance automation, and identity monitoring activities.
- Use of Symantec DLP and Splunk expertise
- Advising SOC Managers on best practices and use cases on how to use Symantec DLP to detect events and Splunk to correlate events to achieve end state requirements
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Excellent command of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
- Keen understanding of national and international laws, regulations, policies and ethics related to financial industry cybersecurity
- Expertise in Agile and can work with at least one of the common frameworks
- Ability to identify network attacks and systemic security issues as they relate to threats and vulnerabilities, with focus on recommendations for enhancements or remediation
- Subject matter expert on DLP policy and response action development
- Scripting or programming experience in at least 1 object oriented language
- Able to work independently or in a team to create and optimize data loss detection rules
- Knowledge of what constitutes a data loss event and the relationship to both threats and vulnerabilities along with the ability to identify systemic security issues
- Provides in-depth analysis of vulnerabilities, threats, designs, procedures and architectural design with focus on recommendations for enhancements or remediation with skill in using network analysis tools.
- Compliance required for local, country, and/or region specific standards for credentials, certifications and/or training.
- 5+ years DLP engineering experience in mid-sized to large organizations, with emphasis on security operations, incident management, intrusion detection, firewall deployment and security event analysis.
- 3+ years with SIEM and Log Management technologies specific to Splunk and/or ArcSight.
- Proficient and proven track record of delivering Cybersecurity products and services within a business domain
- Solid experience in supporting and improving Cybersecurity and/or technology controls to support the business
- BSc of Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics preferred.
- Preferred Product/Vendor Certifications in Splunk & ArcSight
- Preferred Industry Certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, GIAC
Your expertise in cyber, combined with your desire to provide innovative security services, will be an asset to our Cybersecurity team. Help deliver high-quality security solutions across all our lines of business around the world by creating, designing, implementing, and maintaining next-level technology. The work you’ll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
It's time to take your career to the next level, and we can help. Apply today.