JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
JPMorgan ACCESS is a mission critical, large scale, web & mobile based, cash management application directly tied to the strategic growth of Treasury Services. ACCESS is one of the largest Technical projects within JPMorgan; leveraging a host of new technologies, offering developers the opportunity to expand and apply their technical capabilities.
The Treasury Services technical team is currently looking for Oracle Application Developer and Database Administrator. This individual will work with a team that develops smart and scalable solutions and provide a solid experience for our users.
* Work closely with manager to make sure business requirements in the form of production release deliverables are met.
* Mentor new resources to be successful in an individual and team setting.
* Conduct and participate in Agile Scrum calls to ensure technical and business partners have current status on delivery progress.
* Ensure resources are covered on projects, ensure no forecast/budget variance.
* Deliver secure, efficient, high performing and stable code that meets or exceeds business needs. Meet/exceed all bank technology standards for applications.
* Work with team and provide new enhancement work estimation to manager.
* Escalate delivery/security/performance and functional issues to manager as required.
* Availability for production support incident/SME support as required.
5+ years of experience with database application development and database administration
* Work with other Information Architects, Database Designers and Global partner DBA's to understand, improvise and implement the physical data model.
* Review and Implement existing data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance code.
* Resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication and other data mismatch issues.
* Identify and tune poorly performing database queries. Pro-actively tune the queries to get better performance and throughput
* Gather database stats such as the #locks, #deadlocks, #queries waiting on resources etc., and proactively monitor the queries and detect the problem before it happens
* Work with the application teams to make the actual changes to the queries in production and monitor the performance of those queries after the implementation
* Review and recommend solutions for the poorly designed database applications
* Strong database skills preferably in Oracle; writing complex SQL queries, PL/SQL, stored procedures, Materialized Views
* Database Schema creations, privileges and DBA utilities like DB/SCHEMA Export/Import/SQL*Loader
* Knowledge of replication technologies like Streams, GoldenGate
* Prepare and represent application database team in Disaster recovery operations like Switchover/Failover and HA testing
* Knowledge of release management version and revision control practices and procedures
* Proficient knowledge of development life cycles and automation
* Have strong scripting skills
* Periodically review and analyzes the current security request process and develop security audit reports
* Ability to work with team members across locations and groups. Capable of working with limited supervision, and leading other team members
* Configure and fine tune Unix/Linux infrastructure
* Work closely with vendor support services
* Assists in solving production problems in a timely manner, including off hours and weekend support when necessary
* Strong oral and written communication skills, including technical documentation
* Evaluate new products and services related to business needs
Nice to Have:
* Experience in NoSQL technologies
* Experience in Cloud database management
* Experience in Database Recovery, Migration and Upgrades.
* Experience in Oracle RAC servers and its impacts to application development
* Good knowledge of DataGuard and RMAN
* Experience in Python scripting
* Experience in Delphix
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran