Senior Application Architect for Information Application Architecture Lead
Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries We serve more than 50 million consumers and small businesses through more than 5,600 bank branches, 18,700 ATMs, credit cards, mortgage offices and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships.
As a Chase employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you’ll put others first, do what’s right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next – for you and for us.
Experience – Must have over 10-15 years of relevant experience on creating and implementing architectures that support collections of application interaction and data management. Must have extensive knowledge of technologies associated with Information delivery (analytical & operational). The functions that the platform will support are analytical, discovery and operational processes. Drive the decommissioning of several existing platforms. Technical skills require are: experience with Architecture Design tools and patterns. Knowledge of integration services, BPM, vendor integration, entitlements, reporting platforms, JAVA, rules engines, UI Frameworks etc. Knowledge of the financial services industry is a plus but is not absolutely required.
A Key focus of DECO is to promote an Enterprise Data Hub to improve overall governance CCB Operations is to improve the customer experience across the collections process and to create a single platform to support retail lending. This requires an ‘outside the box’ approach towards the creation of a Target State Architecture that allows for sharing of information across the platform and product areas in CCB.
With a legacy of channel-applications across CCB consumer businesses, we need to define and execute an architecture that integrates our capabilities and simplifies the application and technology portfolio that would support multi-channel or servicing specialist interactions.
The requirement for a Senior Information Application Architect to lead a holistic design effort to define, extensively communicate with business and IT stakeholders an implementable target state architecture in support Chase Information Management delivery framework. The responsibility will include:
· Leads the technical architecture and design information delivery dependent projects.
· Build new and innovative solutions that can help solve business and technical challenges
· Work closely with Engineering to build prototypes and Proofs-of-concept to validate ideas
· Provide architecture and technology leadership across platform in Big Data and Cloud Data technologies
· Help transition from our current Data Analytics infrastructure to a high performance, scalable analytics platform (Cloud)
· Interact with the project team members responsible for developing reports, interfaces, data conversion programs, and application extensions.
· Presents technical information in easily understood terms in both verbal and written form
· Works closely with fellow IT staff and project management to document standards and procedures for the definition of reference architectures (architecture roadmap)
· Interacts and works directly with customer team members on projects and support issues.
· Facilitates communication upward and across project teams
The architecture should be implementable over an 18-24 month period and must be capable of being advanced through various business-driven projects that are focused on improving customer experience.
The application architect must work and engage with other senior architects who may have domain expertise either for particular business areas or specific technology domains and corresponding roadmaps and leverage those engagements to build a unified target state architecture. The architect must engage with senior technologists who are accountable for existing application portfolios (chief technology officers or senior application delivery and infrastructure leaders) to define specific roadmaps that will ensure that we can move towards and achieve the desired outcome.
The senior application architect must also become cognizant of the total cost of ownership of applications involved in enabling collections components and should also drive for strategies to reduce the total cost of ownership while improving the customer experience. In addition the senior architect must take into account the critical business and technology controls that must be addressed as the target state architecture is being implemented including requirements from the Operations roadmap.
The senior application architect will be considered a key adviser and direct report to the chief architect. The senior architect will have opportunities to build their career at JP Morgan Chase and assume more senior positions as their performance advances in the firm and as they further develop their personal skills. The senior application architect is expected to have excellent verbal and written communications skills – with the ability to communicate to the technical and senior business and technology communities.
The Application Architect must demonstrate the following qualities:
· 5+ years minimum of demonstrable experience in a technical leadership role
· Experience with migrating and building new application in the Cloud
· Strong Knowledge of Data Warehouse architecture and Data Integration concepts.
· Experience with Teradata packages, stored procedures, triggers
· Hands-on experience with major big data platforms and languages such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Presto, Impala, , RedShift, ESGYN, Kinetica, Python, PHP, Ruby and/or R
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Comfortable working with all project stakeholders (business users, architects, project managers, business analysts, developers, test analysts, production support team) Financial and Banking industry experience is strongly desired
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
· Superior problem solving skills ability to grasp the big picture of the business drivers and IT drivers in order to create solutions and work at a detailed level, as may be required by business and IT teams to implement solutions. Is able to see similar patterns of problems and solutions and carry over applications and experiences while adapting to the peculiar needs of a given business or IT problem.
· Previous execution experience of mid-sized to large system design, development and deployment is a real plus
· Must have the ability to influence, guide and mentor other technical resources (and sometimes business) across CCB and especially develop other architects or enlist others to carry out best practices of architecture in the course of their developing solutions.
· Ability to develop designs and solutions that pay attention to architecture design quality, cost effectiveness and the inherent risks in approach while proposing credible and effective mitigations; is also able to collaborate with teams across the firm in order to leverage previous experiences, utilities and shared capabilities
· Formulates solutions that are credible and holistic that take into consideration a broad array of factors that will shape the solution design including feasibility of testing, implementation, availability of skills for the technology, viability of relevant third parties.
· Formal architecture documentation and modeling skills are a plus
· Very knowledgeable about best practices, industry standards, emerging trends.
· Drive improvements in the architecture process in particular and support improvements in the overall software development life-cycle particularly the estimation process.
Knowledge of the financial services industry is a plus but is not absolutely required.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.