As an experienced professional in our Cybersecurity organization, you’re equally committed to watching over our data today, as well as finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future. To do that, you’ll help lead a highly motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You’ll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You’ll take the lead on incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, all of which ladder up to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. You’ll deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. You’ll keep management, executive directors, managing directors and stakeholders in the loop, as well as managing people and budgets. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
The Network Security Engineer will be a member of the Cybersecurity Technology Engineering team. The Cybersecurity Technology Engineering team is responsible for identifying, developing and deploying global cybersecurity controls for both network and email. This role will partner heavily to support the end to end secure deployment of network kit, network designs and network and data center deployments across the firm. This role will also participate in efforts to test the effectiveness of defined controls and ensure that critical processes in the firm are evaluated from a security perspective. The role requires experience in securing large network environments leveraging a variety of technology capabilities including Cisco, Bluecoat, Juniper, etc.
- Create, design, implement and transition security tools
- Identify security deficiencies or gaps and design cost-effective solutions to mitigate them
- Work with Cybersecurity Engineering, Product Management, Operations and Production Assurance/Tech to design and deliver holistically relevant, manageable, and effective solutions
- Function at a senior engineer level in a 24/7/365 global enterprise environment
- Work with minimal supervision and conduct activities as a collaborative partner to Cybersecurity as well as other lines of business (LOBs)
- Availability to work on-call and non-standard hours when necessary.
- Assist in defining firm-wide security controls for the Network environment and related infrastructure services including perimeter security, IP filters and firewalls, remote administration, account security, patch and release management.
- Define controls that are implementable and measurable
- Provide management level updates as required
- 7+ years of overall IT experience with a proven background in network security engineering.
- Detailed knowledge of transport (TCP/UDP) and application layer (HTTP, FTP, etc.) protocols
- Understanding of streaming media applications (e.g. SIP, RTP, etc.)
- Experience with Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
- Ability to create custom SNORT/Suricata rules
- Experience with static/dynamic content analysis (e.g. FireEye, Cisco ThreatGrid, Bluecoat MAA, etc.)
- Experience with full packet capture/analysis systems (e.g. RSA Security Analytics, Netwitness, FireEye PX/IA, Bluecoat Security Analytics, Solera, etc.) and host FPC
- Experience using enterprise search tools (ie., Splunk, LogRhythm, Elk, Logstash, Sumologic, etc.)
- Experience with all current enterprise operating systems (Linux, Windows)
- Experience with scripting languages such as; Perl, Python, PHP, Bash, or PowerShell
- Experience utilizing - or working knowledge of - network tools such as:
- Cisco routers and switches
- F5 load balancers
- Bluecoat SG
- Gigamon/cPacket switches
- Cisco/Checkpoint firewalls
- tcpdump, Wireshark, or similar
- Strong background with data encryption practices, concepts, and products as it pertains to network and application protocols; in both individual and bulk scenarios
- Experience with virtual computing tools (e.g. VMWare, Xen, LXC, etc.), practices (IaaS, SaaS, DBaaS, etc.), and infrastructure (e.g. OpenStack, VXLAN, etc.)
Excellent command of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
Keen understanding of national and international laws, regulations, policies and ethics related to financial industry cybersecurity
Noted cybersecurity expert, keeping technical skills current and participating in multiple forums
Expertise in Agile and can work with at least one of the common frameworks
Ability to identify network attacks and systemic security issues as they relate to threats and vulnerabilities, with focus on recommendations for enhancements or remediation
Your expertise in cyber, combined with your desire to provide innovative security services, will be an asset to our Cybersecurity team. Help deliver high-quality security solutions across all our lines of business around the world by creating, designing, implementing, and maintaining next-level technology. The work you’ll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.