J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities and products to Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW) individuals and families around the world. We deliver highly customized and comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face by leveraging the commercial and investment banking capabilities of the firm.
Private Banking is involved with every facet of wealth management, including investments, wealth structuring, philanthropy, liquidity and credit management, and tax and estate planning. Our business model focuses on deep client relationships, an integrated team structure and a platform of depth and breadth.
The Client Reporting Team is comprised of highly dedicated individuals who are responsible for all aspects of the client reporting for Private Banking accounts. Teams include: Statements (Quality & Corrections), Suitability Hub, Regulatory Client Communications, Special Services, Audit Confirmations, Documentation Management and Fiduciary Safekeeping Services. The newly established Data Remediation Hub supports client and account level data remediation initiatives. This team performs a number of functions including data and/or documentation analysis, data entry and verification and identification and reporting of data discrepancies. Part of this team is located offshore, and as such, this role will primarily serve as an onshore liaison to this team and assist with providing oversight for this offshore component of several remediation projects.
- Learn and understand the various processes and procedures performed within the Data Remediation Team
- Ensure timely and concise communication with key business partners and senior management
- Regularly collaborate and communicate with both an onshore and offshore team
- Coordinate the establishment of an offshore team, and manage ongoing oversight
- Manage / facilitate both onshore and offshore resource assignments and maintain a “book of work” pipeline
- Diagnose, communicate, and facilitate resolution of key obstacles or risks
- Identify, track and escalate issues and follow through to resolution
- Create training documentation, procedures, presentations, and status updates as needed.
- Develop strong relationships; gain the confidence of peers and colleagues
- Be a leader in unstructured situations and ensure an optimal client experience