JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Global Technology Infrastructure Service Delivery (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for JPMorgan Chase, partnering with all lines of business to deliver a wide range of high-quality products and services. We provide exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost-effective manner by following three strategic objectives:
Stability and Security – Deliver a controlled, stable, resilient and secure operating environment
People – Develop and manage our people to build a high-performing, delivery-focused team
Delivery – Deliver business value through technology while improving efficiency and productivity
Global Services Operations (GSO) is responsible for service support and delivery for JPMorgan Chase's Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI). Through its Global Service Desk and Infrastructure Operations Centers, GSO provides global, coordinated diagnostic and support services, while it's Production Assurance and Support functions leverage and execute industry-leading infrastructure management and support processes that are designed to minimize customer outages and impacts.
** This position will initially work a 2:00 pm to 11:00 pm shift**
The Mainframe Operations Technician provides 24- hour daily support working within a complex Mainframe platform environment, and as a member of highly technical production support team, pro-actively monitors, performs wellness checks, and observes the status of mainframe batch job stream processing in the Mainframe test and production environments.
Key Functional Responsibilities Include:
- Independently makes accurate and timely technical decisions with minimal management intervention.
- Monitor production Parallel Sysplex LPARs and test LPARs, providing tier 1 and tier 2 hardware/software support for the mainframe complexes.
- Monitor mainframe job batch job streams, observing the status of batch job scheduling, batch job exceptions, and associated incident/failure messages and monitor IOC onsite pagers for incident alerts. Perform SLA or SLO wellness checkpoints on the status of critical processing events and create/distribute daily wellness status reports as required.
- Provide proactive judgment and decision making to develop associated actions based on incident alerts and failures.
- Provide tier 1 and tier 2 level support for IMS, DB2, MQ, VTAM and all third party software.
- Perform bi-hourly checkouts initiating MVS and JES2 commands that would identify mainframe contention of CSU resources, applications regions, and batch processing and escalate appropriately, while taking accountability that these wellness checks are done on time and according to Sarbanes-Oxley and auditing standards.
- Respond to highlighted system messages and independently determine and interpret the severity of escalation and handle appropriately.
- Respond to MVS and JES2 system messages and codes, evaluate and handle appropriately.
- Perform mainframe incident analysis, issuing notification to the documented on-call support application teams. Pro-actively assist team members in performing analysis and required notification requirements.
- Monitor the health of the Remote Processing Center (RPC) environments in terms of CNT equipment issues/outages that arise (sorters, printers, channel extenders) and open any ITSMs necessary to perform break/fix or upgrades to the environment).
- Perform mainframe incident analysis and correlation, issuing notification to the documented on-call support application teams. Pro-actively assist team members in performing analysis and required notification requirements.
- Create Peregrine problem log tickets at the appropriate problem ownership and escalation levels (P1S1, P1S2, P1S3, P2, P3, P4) for any of the above problems that require Console Ops problem resolution or escalation to other platform teams. . In addition, document incidents in turnover and other required SLA/SLO tracking reports.
- Perform escalation on critical incidents to IOC priority support teams as required by documentation and/or directed by IOC management. Engage in incident management bridge calls with the IOC priority support team(s), on-call support application teams, and management. Create and publish an IOC TimeLine of major operational events during the recovery of critical priority incidents that were escalated by the IOC mainframe staff. Pro-actively monitor and assist team members in performing escalation procedures and validate policies are being performed to standards.
- Perform required restarts and recovery activities for incident failures. Perform z/OS JCL overrides during recovery activities, as required by documentation and/or directed by the support application teams. Pro-actively monitor and assist team members in performing restart/recovery procedures and validate policies are being performed to standards.
- Monitor and process mainframe customer requests for workflow scheduling changes and promote emergency “unplanned” change packages through JPMC’s change management application as required. Pro-actively monitor and assist team members in performing requests/change procedures and validate policies are being performed to standards.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems discipline or 3 year technical degree.
- 3 – 5 years of Mainframe System and Batch Operations experience.
- Netcool/Control-M/CA7/ Zeke / Mainframe Console experience.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures; attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn and apply technical information in a fast-paced, demanding work environment
- Strong problem solving skills and decision making ability
- Strong enthusiasm and desire to learn
- Work well in a team environment