J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
- We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
- We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
- We operate in more than 100 markets.
- We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
The Technology team at our GSCs service all Lines of Business and Enterprise Technology in helping build and operate innovative industry leading solutions. The breadth of capabilities within the Technology team at the GSC enables it to support the firm in leading edge areas such as Digital, Big data analytics, Robotics & Machine Learning.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a newly formed department within JP Morgan Asset Management, the Core Components and Architecture team has been formed in order to develop common services and user interfaces that will be utilized to maintain and distribute core data such as stock and pricing information across Asset Management. The team has the remit to re-write the entire product suite over the next three years and is therefore looking for top development talent that can bring fresh ideas and passion to the area to create truly innovative solutions.
Also as there is such a heavy focus on expert development, there is a new career path for anyone wanting to stay in hands on development that can take you to the most senior level in the organization without having to become an Architect or people manager.
A secondary remit of this group is to develop software in such a way that they would be seen as role models and could coach across the organization. The approach and tooling being utilized throughout will utilize Agile techniques and has 100% commitment from senior leaders that it will be implemented in the way the Developers see fit rather than some project manager driving this!
Development practices & Agile
Your default practice includes:
- Using SCRUM or a related agile discipline
- Focus on working with your end users to deliver business value early
- Iterative and incremental delivery
- Emergent design and architecture
- Automated unit and integration testing
- Continuous integration, build and automated deployment
- Refactoring and clean code
- Code reviews and mentoring
You have demonstrated experience with:
- Scalable mission-critical systems with high levels of availability
- Core Java and related technologies frameworks like Spring and Drools
- System integration and messaging including technologies like
- Message brokers (e.g. MQ)
- Data and modeling technologies
- SQL and RDBMS' like Oracle or Sybase
- XML, XSLT & XSD
- ORMs like Hibernate or myBatis
- Application servers like Tomcat
- *nix environments and scripting
- Build tools like Maven
- Test tools like JUnit, Cucumber or Selenium
- Performance analysis and tuning across system boundaries
You strive for:
- Automated acceptance testing
- Continuous delivery & single piece flow
Culture & Attitude
The values we value are:
- Delivery focus
- Curiosity and continuous learning
- Disciplined but open
- Diversity – environment, inputs, ideas
- Trust and respect
- Seeking feedback
You have a track record:
- Thinking creatively and solving problems simply, not always through technology
- Working with people of differing skill sets driving a cross-functional global team
- Communicating with and tailoring your message to a range of audiences in both verbal and non-verbal forums
- Managing a diverse set of competing stakeholder requirements
- Being a self-starter, able to take initiative and drive a program independently
- Building real and lasting relationships with your team and extended partners
- Sharing knowledge and learning from others
- Adapting to change and working through ambiguity