J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions
Middle Office, as part of AM Operations, provides support to a wide range of external and internal businesses. It also provides the best-in-class operational processing capabilities across all asset classes.
The team has responsibilities for supporting the sales and trading activities across the globe from a Reconciliation and Control perspective. The team’s main goal is to maintain daily controls and proactively improve processes’ controls.
We are specifically seeking people who have knowledge in trade support and control with at least 3-5 years experience.
Fixed Income, Equities, Derivatives, Securities, Sec Loans, Futures, Forwards, Variance Swaps, CDS and other Structured Derivative products.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain oversight of daily controls and reconciliation functions for Trade Support and other Core Operations desks
- Investigate exceptions and liaise with multiple teams across Front Office, Middle Office, Back Office and technology teams to get the exceptions resolved
- Perform root cause analyses on new issues or control gaps
- Escalate issues for any urgent matters or assistance
- Overseeing the data gathering process, analyze the data and report MIS utilizing the various data source
- Produce time sensitive daily reports with actionable data to Front Office, Middle Office or Back Office for break resolutions
- Provide detailed business control metrics to management on a daily basis
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all global teams and be an SME on Reconciliations and Controls
Continuously participate in projects involving; new product rollout, new system implementation, process improvements, etc
- Ensure all controls and checks are completed on End of Day
People management and ability to drive large program initiatives.
Skill sets Required
Proven management record
- Strong product knowledge; thorough understanding of the end to end transaction cycle for derivative products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Individual should have been in a role that required daily and extensive communication directly with FO Sales & Marketing groups
- Ability to drive results through a "hands-on" approach
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment with time critical deliveries
- Control mindset to identify process control gaps, prioritize & mitigate operational risk
- Excellent time management skill and ability to prioritize work effectively
- Proactive in problem solving and developing solutions.
- Ability to respond to a changing environment.
- Be innovative and suggest system improvement capabilities.
- Ability to multi task, ensuring the trades are booked correctly, breaks are resolved and MIS being sent to managers on deadlines.
- Solid business judgments and positive attitude
- Creates and/or contributes to an environment of collaboration and mutual responsibility
- Good understanding of downstream impact of actions undertaken, particularly the requirement for strong and timely controls throughout the life cycle of the trade
Min Required Qualifications / Experience
- Graduate with 10-15 years of experience in an Asset Management, Investment Banking environment, preferably in Middle Office / Trade Support. Core Operations experience is a must
- Degree holder in Finance / Economics or other related disciplines (preferable)
- Strong proficiency with MS Office suite. Knowledge of MS VBA and SQL would be an asset