As an Infrastructure Engineering professional, you'll be making decisions of a global, strategic nature that impact our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe. Your expertise in analyzing complex data systems, anticipating problems, and finding ways to mitigate risk, will be key in leading a high performing team to successfully design and navigate the program roadmap. By incorporating your knowledge of business drivers, you will affect change and lead development of innovative improvements and world-class practices. Your team will be responsible for driving results, and implementing multiple, complex programs that span the breadth of the business, and they’ll look to you to provide the technical leadership to move them forward. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team that shares your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Advanced knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Advanced understanding of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design, performance and monitoring, best practices and JPMC policies
- Proficient in multiple infrastructure technologies
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, launch and deliver multiple IT projects on time and within budget
- Ability to articulate to more experienced management a technical strategy in clear, concise, understandable terms
The Capacity and Infrastructure Specialist will be responsible for researching, analyzing, and reporting on infrastructure capacities for applications within the organization. This person will:
1. Gather capacity data for CST applications
2. Analyze system capacity and application utilization data
3. Prepare presentations and reports on CST capacity management
4. Review capacity presentations and reports with CST AD teams
5. Work closely with JPMC experts particularly those in TOC and GTI
The capacity and Infrastructure specialist is responsible for application system capacities in to include:
- Tracking server utilization
- Ordering additional capacity when necessary
- Reporting on system utilization to the various tenant AD teams
- Alerting Senior Management to critical situations
- Limited travel to other JPMC facilities may be required
The capacity and Infrastructure specialist must have a sound understanding of application development tools, server capacity management, system utilization monitoring tools, capacity growth models, and reporting techniques.
- 3 years experience with relational database management and reporting
- 1 year experience with capacity monitoring
- 3 years experience with SQL
- 1 year experience with report design and testing
- 1 year experience with server monitoring
- Knowledge of Application Development processes to include full project lifecycle
- Ability to communicate effectively with Application Development teams
- Knowledge of Hardware configuration (Physical / Virtual Servers / Cloud Computing)
- Knowledge of Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, Windows, AIX)
Our Technology Controls team relies on smart, technology-driven people like you to develop and deliver streamlined solutions supporting our Controls and IT Risk agendas. We focus on areas like Oversight & Controls Technology, Cloud Controls, Identity & Access Management, IT Risk & Controls, and Third Party Risk Management. At the end of the day, our goal is to create products that promote productivity, quality and innovation across our network.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Company, you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Company we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies around the world, we want to meet you.