Commercial Banking (CB), one of JPMorgan Chase & Co’s four lines of businesses, provides a full range of services including lending, treasury services, investment banking, commercial card and asset management products to meet its clients’ domestic and international financial needs. Through a network of 125 offices and approximately 8,000 employees, CB serves over 19,000 clients nationally, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities, with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion, and over 37,000 real estate clients, owners and investors. In 2016, with almost $190 billion in loans and almost $170 billion in deposits, CB generated revenue and earnings of $7.5 billion and $2.7 billion, respectively.
Within CB, Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) serves commercial and industrial U.S. clients with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $500 million. We are committed to building the best commercial bank by helping our clients succeed and making a positive difference in our communities. We are on the path of becoming the best middle market and specialized industries bank and are looking for talented individuals to join the MMBSI Finance team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The MMBSI Finance team is looking for an associate to support the business with financial analysis, client analytics and reporting. The candidate must be able to organize and deliver monthly, quarterly, annual & ad hoc requests and quickly define views that prompt decisions by Senior Management. The ideal candidate should have experience in performing analysis that highlights key drivers and dependencies impacting results and the overall health of the organization.
- Act as a strong partner to the business heads and provide financial analysis and reporting on a monthly basis as well as quarterly business reviews
- Conducting "deep dive" analyses on key issues impacting client/product profitability (e.g., capital /expense allocation at client level, exposure at client level)
- Provide ongoing and proactive client analytics and reporting to support the needs of the business
- Act as a strong partner to MMBSI Finance & Business Management counterparts to build transparent, consistent and standardized processes and reporting
- Reengineer processes as needed, and partner with technology to design and test technology tools and dashboards to be used across the organization
- Be an agent for change with an eye towards simplifying processes where applicable