As a member of our Infrastructure Development team, you’ll immediately put your love of technology into action. Each day, you and your team will be responsible for making sure our platforms, servers and networks are online and secure. You’ll work together, evaluating, selecting, implementing, integrating, maintaining, upgrading, documenting and designing our infrastructure. You’ll find new and creative solutions to troubleshoot and resolve issues. Communication is key, both in problem solving with your supervisors and collaborating with your coworkers, as well as other teams in the network.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
Ability to articulate and share clear, concise complex technical findings to management in understandable terms
Maintains proficiency in these key areas:
Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations)
Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management)
Design (compliance, security)
Network Engineering (planning, provision)
Proficiency in more than one specific infrastructure technology
Ability to execute with understanding of best practices and JPMC policies top of mind
Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
The role of a NonStop System Engineer for the global Large Midrange team within the Enterprise Computing Services organization, you will provide expertise in deploying and supporting technical solutions for projects of varying size and complexity. You will work within a fast-paced environment and responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with colleagues, lines of business partners and vendors to successfully execute against a range line of business and infrastructure projects
- Providing engineering supporting of various tools across NonStop environment
- Escalation for addressing break/fix issues related to Operating System and Communications, IP network configuration and all other aspects including third party products and CLIM issues
- Acting as an advocate for the customer's technical needs while ensuring compliance and adherence to all applicable processes, procedures, and standards
- Recommendation of solutions and alternatives to obtain efficiencies within the platform, enhancing systems stability reliability and availability work closely with external vendors and service providers
- Determining the priority and impact of issues and prioritize and act accordingly
- Communicating with both technical and non technical customers and vendors
- Delivering a world class level of support to our service partners and customers
- Supporting production changes and providing on call support as scheduled
- Ensuring all Audit and JPMC security and standards exposures are documented and progressed to completion within minimal duration
- Supporting Disaster Recovery testing and live invocations
- As required, working weekends and/or off-hours to meet project/workload demands and production on-call duties
- Involved in the Capacity Planning and performance analysis of processors and I/O on the platform
- Involved in Solution Design and Production Evaluations, including all of the documentation around this process
- Involved in the design of the security for the platform
- A technical engineering role covering NonStop or an equivalent infrastructure environment.
- Knowledge of Backup and Recovery practices, primarily focused around disaster recovery type scenarios
- Basic system administrator experience on the NonStop / Tandem platform
- Programming knowledge, ideally TACL on the NonStop/Tandem, Java Scripting/Python
- Knowledge of programming APIs to communicate off platform
- Interest in automating infrastructure practices
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.