As one of the world's premier investment banks, J.P. Morgan serves the needs of our clients by offering a world-class platform coupled with straightforward, intelligent advice. We attribute our long-term success to our commitment of always putting clients' interests first. Whether it's raising capital to meet growth objectives or identifying strategic business partners, J.P. Morgan offers corporate finance and M&A advisory, capital markets, prime brokerage, restructuring, risk and research platform of unrivaled strength and scale.
We are looking for a Managing Director (MD), to join the Technology Coverage team, predominantly focusing on Technology Services / Payment space. The successful candidate will play a vital and accountable leadership role in all aspects of formation/pursuit of strategic business ideas and the transaction process. S/he will join a dynamic team with that is far reaching and forward moving.
The MD will be recognized by clients as key member of the team and will take the lead the coverage of those clients as well as oversee parts of the execution and marketing mandates. S/he will leverage and coordinate J.P. Morgan's resources on behalf of the client. In this capacity, one must understand industry fundamentals, anticipate client needs, and leverage J.P. Morgan's and the team's resources to anticipate new business opportunities. The balance between leveraging internal technical/product expertise and external relationship building is the essence of the position. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Work independently, producing high quality work by totally leveraging and accessing the Firm.
- Demonstrate skills that will produce revenues for the Firm while gaining a broad understanding of how the Firm can derive revenues from each particular situation.
- Develop a set of defined projects for new business development.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelors' degree from a reputable university; MBA is preferred.
- At least 12 years of experience in Investment Banking. Technology Services / Payment experience and existing relationships in the space is highly desired.
- Ability to comfortably interact with business clients and management.
- Excellent technology skills with strong Excel (macros, pivot tables, look-ups and filtering) and PowerPoint skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive. Energetic and decisive, with high level of integrity.
The ideal candidate is a creative, innovative team player. It is critical that the MD be able to relate well to client counterparts and develop good working relationships with these individuals. It is also important that this person display maturity, good judgment and an ability to work with professionals at all levels inside J.P. Morgan. Strong analytical, technical problem solving, planning and organizational skills are a must. These abilities are necessary on an individual level and as this person direct other project members.
It is expect that the MD demonstrate leadership qualities that are team-oriented, fostering and collegial. The ability to delegate effectively and pay attention to detail while maintaining a high level of productivity will be important.
The individual must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively in presentations; expressing complex financial strategies in an organized and articulate manner.
This individual must be dedicated to the Firm's goals and he/she will have uncompromising personal integrity.