JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
The Enterprise Software Asset Management team (eSAM) is actively seeking a Business Analyst to serve as liaison between eSAM and the IT, Vendor Management and business user communities within the firm. eSAM manages the firm's entire software asset portfolio through the complete software asset lifecycle. This encompasses software requests, demand, reclamations, re-use, license purchasing, retirement, maintenance, inventory and compliance controls & reporting.
Work with the business and IT stakeholders (ex. software product owners, request & deployment system owners, purchasing system owners, etc.) to analyze business requirements and review/produce specifications for any new/change to technology applications. Work with the stakeholders and development team to ensure that they understand the specifications. Conduct business process modeling and generate applicable scenarios for the technology functionality testing team.
You will be responsible to identify, assess, and document business requirements, recommending business priorities, and advising business on options, risks, and costs. Conduct research and data analysis to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within or outside the business unit, and if not, whether new solutions are feasible. Analyze impact of proposed solution across the business, develop use cases to explain/demonstrate business requirements/specifications to IT team, and contribute a business or process perspective during design reviews. Assist Quality Assurance and Development team to ensure that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test plans, and ensure that the proper testing plans have been completed. Assist in the implementation of new functionality through training sessions, demos, and the development of appropriate documentation. Provide relevant test scenarios to ensure the testing results correspond to the business expectations. Assist in troubleshooting issues impacting business critical processes leveraging your understanding of those processes and the integration between systems.
- College degree, or specialized training or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience
- A collaborative style and ability to build the appropriate relationships and partnerships both across the firm and with external vendors and service providers
- Experience setting up test scenarios
- Experience/understanding of business process reengineering and business modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis
- Awareness of the business and IT strategy
- Basic understanding of the company's business practices and familiarity with the company's products and services
- Strong analytical skills and writing skills, to include solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications
- Working in an Agile Environment
Ability to engage with key stakeholders across teams to drive implementation of solutions
Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask and work in a changing environment
Experience identifying automation opportunities and driving them through to implementation
- Line of Business experience a plus
- Software Asset Management experience a plus
- Hardware Asset Management a plus
- Business Intelligence experience an plus
- MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, SQL Queries (Oracle and SQL Server)