JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Chase (CCB) is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries We serve more than 50 million consumers and small businesses through more than 5,600 bank branches, 18,700 ATMs, credit cards, mortgage offices and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships.
Within Chase, Consumer Banking provides great products and an outstanding customer experience at over 5,600 branches and 18,700 ATMs in 23 states, as well as online and over the phone.
As a Chase employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you’ll put others first, do what’s right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next – for you and for us.
As a Technical Operations Manager in the Commerce Solutions team, part of CCB, you will be responsible for Level 1 monitoring and support. You will serve as liaison between Operations and the support groups. Make recommendations for automation of repetitive tasks, creating business cases for Development groups to provide needed tools and enhancements. Document and train staff for future support.
- Manages, mentors and coaches a team of Operators and Analysts
- Research issues escalated from Operations internal alerts, Help Desks, Support Groups and other departments
- Provides accurate problem identification, ticket documentation and customer/vendor dialogue
- Documents small-to medium-scale projects and delivers presentations with minimal supervision
- Provides activity, progress and status reports to management and keeps management posted of any critical issues
- Design, document and enforce escalation policies and procedures
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
- 5+ years of overall professional experience in an large-scale, high availability, fast paced, distributed environment.
- 3+ years’ experience in a technical lead or support management role.
- 2+ years’ experience with Tandem batch processing, including submitting jobs and validating data
2+ years’ experience in UNIX, Stratus, Control M, Tandem and operating system functionality. UNIX administrative skills a plus
2+ years knowledge of mainframe and tandem platforms
Understanding of monitoring tools a plus.
Self-Starter with the ability to identify, troubleshoot, and skilled in problem solving and decision making.
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and attention to detail in a fast paced ever changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, and listening skills with the ability to influence and lead others.
- Ability to interact with individuals on all organizational levels.
- Establishes strong working relationships with team members and across functions.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical customers.
- Able to work under pressure to resolve issues affecting the production services.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good project management skills.
Knowledge of relational databases preferred
Unix scripting such as ksh and perl preferred
Basic knowledge of networking technology preferred