About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $19 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity to clients in markets around the world.
The Custody & Fund Services (CFS) business is a global leader in the industry with approximately $19 trillion of Assets under Custody, $125bn of liability balances, and a comprehensive set of products and services across traditional and alternative assets.
Responsible for the management, staffing, organization and development of a business unit. Responsible for identifying complex fund issues and managing the delivery of services to clients, including meeting all regulatory deadlines.
• Coordinate and monitor fund administration group activities in monitoring fund's compliance investment restrictions detailed in the Prospectus, Statement of Additional Information, Investment Company Act of 1940, and Internal Revenue Code.
• Identify and provide guidance to supervisor and staff on treatment of complex financial instruments and complex compliance issues.
• Coordinate and monitor fund administration group activities in performing monthly expense projections and accruals, monthly calculation of asset-based fees, and disbursement analysis.
• Identify and provide guidance to supervisor and staff on treatment of complex financial transactions and arrangement to ensure proper recording of expenses.
• Coordinate and monitor fund administration group activities in preparing monthly Management reports and quarterly Board reporting on fund operations (including financial statements, portfolio characteristics, compliance summaries, and disclosure of significant affiliate and other transactions.
• Act as the primary contact for client inquiries, requests and ad hoc projects on compliance and treasury issues.
• Coordinate audits across multiple departments, respond to internal and external inquiries.
• Support financial reporting by reviewing semi-annual and annual reports for integrity of data.
• Work with legal counsel on Prospectus and Statement of Additional information updates.
• Respond to staff questions regarding regulatory provisions.
• Review and monitor regulatory filings for compliance issues.
• Assist in developing and adjusting department procedures and systems enhancements.
• Work with tax department to calculate fund distributions to ensure compliance with IRS distribution requirements.
• Provide feedback and coaching to supervisors and staff, conduct performance reviews, and establish performance objectives
• Perform any other responsibilities in compliance as needed.
BA/BS or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 5-7 years in the mutual fund industry, with a minimum of 3-5 in tax and legal compliance issues
• Understanding of accounting principles, financial reporting, compliance issues
• Supervisory and leadership skills
• Computer literacy
• Attention to details
• Understanding of SEC and IRS regulations
• Understanding of expense budgeting concepts
• Advanced analytical skills
• Strong communication skills
• CPA preferred