Engineering Strategy Architect
Glasgow Technology Centre
Our team is focused on dramatically improving the developer experience for 16,000 developers. We have ambitious plans for our global program to transform our tooling, process
We are looking for quality, hands on and passionate technologists that will thrive in our innovative and delivery focused environment.
Unboxing is a concept being used very successfully by companies that deliver technology, Hi-Fi, telephony components direct to the end user.
The intent is to make the experience of taking it out of the box and commissioning it as simple as possible with the minimum number of steps/actions.
We, in the Accelerating Development Programme, want to do the same for our IT Community.
- Articulate the current developer experience at JPM and map to the future state vision
- Determine the ‘Moments of Truth/Moments that Matter’ for each new tool, capability and process being delivered through Accelerating Development
- Work with the Developer community to identify the optimal method for delivery/adoption
- Using the future state vision influence people to adopt the new tools, technologies and processes
- Define success criteria and measure against them
- Identify methods of gathering information on the friction points (e.g. Zurveys)
- Responsible for the grooming and allocation of the friction points backlog
- Excellent influencing/collaboration skills to supporting working with multiple teams across JPMC tech to ensure successful delivery
- Highly technical practicing software engineer
- Experience in UX is a key requirement
- Intimate knowledge of industry standard development tooling (Jenkins, AIM, Sonar, Nautilus,
- Would be beneficial if they also had experience in data modelling, in particular Erwin
- Knowledge/understanding of Agile and a “T-shaped” mindset
- Knowledge/understanding of Dev/Ops concepts
- Knowledge/understanding of software delivery automation
- Creative flair and ability to sell a vision
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills, SQL, reporting and analytics.
- Proven track record in stakeholder management, partnership (enabling a ‘one team’ culture and positive working environment)
- Proven strategic capabilities and demonstrable critical thinking across business/technology vision, solutions, strategy, roadmaps and portfolio delivery.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to quickly broker solutions and resolve conflict situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels, including ability to communicate effectively with Senior Managing Directs
Our Engineering & Architecture team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will improve the experience of our software engineers across all our lines of business around the globe. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
All internal moves will normally take place on the same grade and same salary. Salaries are reviewed annually in February. Exceptions to the rule regarding transfer on current salary may include a move between geographic locations.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran