The Tax job family supports all tax-related functions including reporting, payments, reconcilement, compliance adherence and other support.
As a Tax Manager-602 you will:
▪ Coordinating or overseeing tax reporting and/or withholding processes for multiple lines of business
▪ Developing and managing multiple LOB relationships
• Identify potential tax issues and provide guidance on resolution
• Monitor tax law changes
*Participate in and/or lead compliance events
▪ May oversee the day-to-day activities of Tax staff within a unit/department/business area.
▪ May recommend and implement specific procedures to ensure immediate effectiveness and efficiency
The Corporate & Investment Bank’s (CIB) Chief Administrative Office (CAO) represents the CIB’s Technology, Operations, Controls, Analytics and New Product Development. Within the CAO there are various groups that support the operational, technical and control aspects of US Withholding Tax and Global Tax reporting. The NATO team is part of the Tax Utility under the Corporate & Investment Bank. The NATO Tax Validation Team supports the various CIB groups through tax form validation and implementation of new tax regulatory controls.
This team is looking for an Associate to support the daily work and future process planning for regulations such as FATCA, UK CDOT, and Common Reporting Standard (CRS). Tax Documentation is a global function across locations such as Delaware and Mumbai. The team works in close partnership with Client On-Boarding, Middle Offices, Credit, Legal and Tax Compliance to ensure accurate data is captured in the JP Morgan infrastructure.
The NATO Tax Validation candidate plays a pivotal role in the success of the organization, bridging the gap between the development, design, product management and operations teams. You will work closely with our technology partners to groom detailed stories for our development teams to execute. The candidate should be a team player, problem solver and detail-oriented person.
- Analyze, review and validate moderate to complex tax forms (W9 and W8-BEN, W8-BEN-E, W8-IMY, W8-EXP and W8-ECI)
- Accurately process requests for customer’s tax profile on various client systems in both production and UAT environments
- Verify that corrections and modifications in data are fed to various systems in both production and UAT environments
- Groom stories to a level of detail that will enable code to be written and tested without defects; write acceptance criteria and generate test scripts. Understand downstream impacts of changes to web services and coordinate with those teams to ensure they are in lock-step with the scrum team from a delivery perspective.
- Manage multiple stories at any given time, all with aggressive delivery expectations.
- Liaise with cross line of business partners to achieve business result driven improvements/ system enhancements with emphasis on strategic end state and controls
- Maintain procedure documents and help drive control-centric environment
- Assist with training documents and training staff on new and revised processes
- Experience with working on global teams across multiple time zones, cultures and languages a plus
- Ability to present complex solutions and methods to a general community and higher management as well as internal investigation entities
- Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, and prioritization skills
- Assertive (yet diplomatic) personality with the ability to lead, influence and motivate others
- Ability to follow operational processes and workflows
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and strong attention to detail
- Able to influence across virtual teams and disparate stakeholder groups
- Multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in high-pressure environment
- Potential management of small UAT staff, assessing each work allocation and area's of capacity to identify bottlenecks and process efficiencies
- Strong client focus and relationship-building skills across lines of business and levels
- Strong team player that collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
- Escalation point for team and some cross department issues, where subject matter expertise required
Skills required are intermediate:
▪ Working independently
▪ Analytical skills
▪ Multi-tasking skills
▪ Issue resolution
▪ Organizational skills
▪ Problem solving
Knowledge required is intermediate:
▪ Business processes and procedures
▪ Product knowledge
▪ Industry knowledge
▪ Local market knowledge
The candidate must be a self starter who is able to work in a fast paced, results driven environment. Additional qualifications:
- 3+ years business process and management experience
- Possess drive, passion and fortitude, and be a dynamic, independent and resourceful self-starter
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience of working with Agile Development teams a plus
- Knowledge of Investment Bank businesses would be an advantage
- Knowledge of US and non-US Regulations (including Tax) a plus.
- Excellent multitasking and prioritizing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with diverse personnel and stakeholders regionally and globally
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Ability to execute tasks under aggressive targets and effectively manage to changes in plan
- Must be reliable and adaptable
- Outstanding integrity and work ethic
- Promote a strong control culture throughout the team
- Must be available to cover weekend tech releases
- Flexible to work overtime and on holidays
- College degree or equivalent work experience