Wholesale Client On Boarding (WCOB) is a global initiative in JP Morgan that spans the Investment Bank, Global Corporate Bank, Treasury and Securities Services. The objective is to implement a standardized and consistent client onboarding service across the wholesale bank in order to deliver world class client experience and comply with our regulatory obligations. The role of Project Manager is to support the projects that will deliver that target state.
The role of Project Manager has been created to support the strategic workstream responsible for delivering a new Client Onboarding Workflow reporting into the Change Readiness Program Manager.
As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that the project deliverables fulfil the agreed business requirements. This will include but not restricted to:
- Defining the implementation roadmap for WCOB in partnership with other Major Programs, specifically focused on our end to end on boarding workflow and dashboard globally
- Interacting with the Product Owner to ensure the strategic direction of the product
- Partnering with, Technology, Operations, Quality Assurance, Compliance, Legal, Tax, and Front Office Management to achieve program goals, including, but not limited to the decommissioning of non-strategic systems, the re-engineering of business process and usage of tools, eliminating manual workarounds, implementing single processes as much as possible, and ensuring the WCOB Operations team is supported on a common platform that meets Regulatory requirements
- Interfacing with a small team of analysts to deliver analysis, support/lead UAT, coordinate procedures, training and communications, and engage in the Change Control Management/Process where required.
- The preparation of an end-to-end delivery plan and coordination of scope and delivery of a given project
- Manage and report on progress, issues and risks and escalate to management when appropriate
- Using the Business Objects Self Servicing Tool in order to generate and analyze reports for distribution to Sr. Management, the Business or other partners
- Becoming a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Know Your Customer (KYC) in order to effectively communicate changes to CIB’s platform to end users
- Creating PowerPoint presentations that mirror changes being made to the KYC platform, in order to ensure users are operationally prepared for implementation
- Creating, monitoring and implementing change requests through a controlled and established process
- Engage in Backward Compatibility analysis, understanding any downstream impacts to existing records
- Experience in the project management discipline ideally within financial services
- Communication skills - both verbal and written. Ability to present concise, direct and timely communications to executives, management and key partners.
- Proven track record: must have led execution on large-scale technology and process re-engineering projects successfully
- Experience working with large scale compliance and regulatory driven projects, preferably KYC, AML or Client on boarding
- Passion for the agenda: strong desire to make a quick impact to the organization through successful project delivery
- Leadership and drive: well-honed ability to develop, to obtain agreement on, and to lead execution of a global agenda
- Partnership and relationship management: must have ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships with numerous teams and key stakeholders
- Project management and execution: must organize quickly and execute the agenda to meet short-term and longer-term deliverables
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, i.e., Excel, Word, Visio, Project, etc.
- Software Development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, RUP, RAD)
- Have an open attitude towards sharing ideas and knowledge
- A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership and the lead in managing the delivery end-to-end and having the determination to follow things through to successful completion
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation, presentation and creation, review and approval of documentation appropriate to the audience (e.g. end users as well as senior management team)
- The ability to shift perspective from high level 'Big Picture' to low-level detail
- Good prioritization and time management
- The ability to present and absorb complex ideas quickly and accurately
- The ability to provide solutions to a tight deadline
- The ability to work within a large team independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member
- A self confident and authoritative manner