JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com. Chase Consumer & Community Banking serves nearly 60 million households and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Chase Card Services consists of two businesses: Consumer and Small Business and Commercial Card. The No. 1 credit card issuer in the U.S. based on loans outstanding.
Consumer and Small Business offers a broad array of credit cards to meet the needs of individual consumers and small businesses. Our portfolio includes Chase-branded credit cards - Sapphire, Freedom, Ink and Slate as well as co-branded credit cards offered in partnership with well-known brands and organizations, including AARP, Amazon, Disney, Marriott, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and many others in the United States and Canada.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and resourceful Senior Business Accessibility Specialist for the JPMorgan Chase Electronic Communications Accessibility Team. The ideal profile is sensitive to the electronic communications access needs people with disabilities have, but we are also looking for an individual who will complement the team in ways we haven’t even imagined.
The Accessibility Specialist is responsible for identifying and suggesting potential solutions for accessibility barriers based on the W3C WCAG 2.0 standards as well as compliance with the ADA, Section 508, and other accessibility related laws. This person also contributes to efforts aimed at delivering accessible apps/ content on mobile platforms and documents like PDFs.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be well-versed in a variety of common electronic communication accessibility barriers people with hearing, physical, speech, cognitive, and vision disabilities experience
- Be able to suggest testable solutions designed to integrate with a dynamic code base
- Be capable of conducting comprehensive accessibility testing against the WCAG 2.0 Level A & AA Success Criteria and federal requirements using the following methodologies: visual analysis; automated scans; screen reader reviews; color sampling; keyboard only; browser plug-ins; and code reviews.
- Command a keen sense of dynamic UI coding and design to understand when less is more and when it’s not from both an accessibility and usability perspective
- Have excellent project management and organizational skills and be able to work collaboratively and productively with diverse teams and alone
- Possess a strong command of the English language in written and verbal communications
- Be able to teach methods & techniques for addressing accessibility barriers in a variety of forums
- Have broad electronic communications accessibility knowledge, UI development and design experience, compassion, and organizational abilities
- Vastly improve the experience people with disabilities have when encountering any form of electronic communications JP Morgan Chase provides
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conduct comprehensive accessibility analysis on various forms of electronic communications.
- Perform accessibility analysis on wireframes or mock-ups to identify potential barriers and violations
- Prepare detailed reports documenting identified violations with suggested solutions, including code examples, based on the existing design
- When an existing design cannot be remediated, provide interface design recommendations with firm conviction and a gentle touch, while carefully reading people so you’ll always know the right balance of each
- Conduct analysis of reports from automated accessibility scans
- “Synergize” with our exceptional accessibility team, interaction designers, developers and multi-media specialists to further improve information architecture, site navigation, labels, and other design elements to improve accessibility
- Interface with key stakeholders from various quarters to explain electronic communication accessibility barriers and potential solutions in everyday language as well as tech speak
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop testing processes and approaches according to JPMC Chase, and Six Sigma/CMM standards.
- Assist in designing and ensuring overall integrity of the testing strategy.
- Work with appropriate business and technology leads to determine the acceptable range for test results and performance.
- Help design, develop and implement test plans, scripts, tools using the detailed business requirements document provided by the business analysts.
- Work with business and technology leads to identify the appropriate data for testing, and prepare that data for the test cases.
- Assist Application Developers and technical support staff in identifying and resolving problems.
- Facilitate resolution and communication of cross-application/organization architectural issues and decisions.
- Assess and revise test sequence and scope based upon test results and/or changes in product design.
- Coordinate component, system and documentation testing with the appropriate technical groups and Release Management.
- Document test procedures and findings.
- Reconcile test results from different tests and different groups.
- Assess readiness and deviation of product/project performance based upon test results and product specifications.
- Perform the tests in both the QA and contingency/backup environments