J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Derivative Operations provides operational support across the CIB covering eight key product areas including FX, OTC Derivatives, Collateral Principal, 3rd Party Derivatives, Cleared Derivatives, Agency Collateral, Billing and CASS with ~1,900 employees. Services provided to our Businesses include:
Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client Service, Invoicing and CASS Support
Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of $217B via FX trading, leading a Markets OTC portfolio of 2.5M trades, servicing >200 3rd party clients, performing 10,000 margin calls, processing 470k cleared and intermediated trades and producing >9,000 invoices
OTC Derivatives Operations supports a global and diverse client base. Primary functions performed: affirmation, settlement, client money daily segregation, credit event management, client valuations, regulatory reporting, and tax reporting. Facilitate transaction execution via a ‘best in class’ systematic control framework, providing integration between risk systems (Athena, GPS, Kapital, Pyramid) and vendor platforms (DTCC / TIW / Markitwire / Thunderhead).
Manage a portfolio of 2.5M live trades
Monthly settlement of 600,000 payments (100% increase vs. 300,000 in 2010)
70,000 Dodd Frank MTM and client valuation statements issued on a daily basis
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Singapore. A multicultural island-state, exotic and modern. A hub of finance and business. We’ve been here since 1964. It’s a great city to learn and grow, both professionally and personally. Singapore is a critical regional hub for us. Our Singapore Corporate Center in Changi opened in 2013, playing an important role as one of the firm’s critical Technology & Operations hubs around the globe. And we’re still investing. We get to work with many regional colleagues in countries such as Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia. From Singapore, we offer various services ranging from investment banking to asset management. As a Center of Excellence, it’s also the hub for our regional technology, operations, compliance, cyber security and other services.
The OTC Settlements team handles Rates, Credit, Equity, Commodities and FX products. As an Analyst joining the team your role would include the following functions: client service via phone and email, pre-confirmation of settlements, payment release, maintenance of client & business reference data, generation of advices, post settlement investigation and ad-hoc break/issue resolution.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Ensuring that all payments are settled correctly and in a timely manner
- Resolving any outstanding breaks in the Nostro accounts, identifying trends and putting in place corrective actions
- Establishing an excellent relationship with both internal and external clients
- Participating in process improvement initiatives
- Ensuring that any issues are escalated to the team leader within an appropriate time frame
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in an operational / financial services / customer services environment.
- Previous exposure to Derivatives, FX or Commodities settlements would be an advantage
- Excellent relationship-building and time management skills
- Superlative interpersonal and communication abilities
- Good team player who is results orientated
- Capacity to think laterally and understand the big picture
- Ability to work under pressure
Would suit someone looking for a flexible working opportunity