JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its JPMorgan Chase & Co brands. JPMorgan Chase & Co.is committed to providing a comprehensive set of benefits choices to meet different employee needs and lifestyles, which include choices such as fully paid parental leave time, health care insurance and retirement benefits.
Commercial Banking (CB) serves more than 30,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. The Firm's broad platform positions the Commercial Bank to deliver extensive product capabilities - lending, treasury services, investment banking, and asset management - to meet our clients' domestic and international financial needs.
As the Control Officer Manager, this position supports the Commercial Banking Oversight and Control (CB O&C) Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) Program team which provide leadership and guidance to the sub-LOBs and functions in the annual review of risk and controls through the RCSA lifecycle, ensuring risks are assessed, new controls are identified, evaluated implemented and tested. The role focuses on administration and execution of the RCSA Program, Issue Management, KEYs and Firmwide Operational Risk & Control Environment (FORCE) system administration. The CB O&C RCSA Program team supports the efforts of CB sub-LOBs and functions to ensure that operational risks are identified and properly mitigated.
This role works closely with business and operations management, Compliance, Audit, SOX and Technology Controls functions. It also works with Corporate O&C and Corporate Operational Risk and LOB Operations Risk Management areas on the oversight and execution of the CB risk and control self-assessment, FORCE architecture for maintenance of process/control flows, analysis of RCSA results and metrics reporting.
· Exhibit ownership in consulting CB businesses and functional partners related to the controls framework
· Review processes, procedures as they are developed or updated, to ensure proper controls are in place to mitigate risks
· Regularly evaluate and validate existing risks and control design to insure they are a reflection of the current environment
· Direct and ensure appropriate controls are in place and effective. Independently challenge and analyze control gaps are captured in issue and action plan documentation.
· Partner with Compliance, Operational Risk and Audit on risk assessments to ensure compliance with all regulations applicable to the Commercial Bank
· Form, lead and drive certain working groups and serve as the CB Control representative for various working groups and/or committees as assigned
· Partner with regulatory exams / interactions & Internal Audits
· Collaborate with other JPMC LOB's and functional areas on firm-wide Regulatory exams related to Risk and Control
· Develop, Coordinate and plan KEYs process for CB to address Regulatory MRAs/issues
· Proactively researches best practices and learns new technologies and systems to advance knowledge of reporting and analysis
· Perform ongoing analysis of program related data and develops ad-hoc reports as requested to support business related programs and strategies
· Monitor key control reports in order to ensure operational compliance with procedures & proactively identify any gaps
· Perform FORCE system administration functions, including:
o Creation of RCSAs, and maintenance of existing RCSAs including additions/deletions of controls
o Ensure FORCE application is updated timely as new risks, controls and test scripts are identified & changed
o Provide analytical support for RCSA monthly and quarterly metrics and scorecards for each of the business and functional groups
o Assist with tracking the progress on Action Plans to ensure they are completed timely & accurately
o Perform additional analysis on an ad hoc basis
o Participate in FORCE release user acceptance testing cycle
· BS/BA degree
· Proficiency in the RCSA process and FORCE system is preferred
· Strong analytical skills and ability to isolate the root cause
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.