Card Services - URLS Project Manager
Req #: 180008853
Job Category: Project Management
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com. Chase Consumer & Community Banking serves nearly 60 million households and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Chase Card Services consists of two businesses: Consumer and Small Business and Commercial Card. The No. 1 credit card issuer in the U.S. based on loans outstanding.
Consumer and Small Business offers a broad array of credit cards to meet the needs of individual consumers and small businesses. Our portfolio includes Chase-branded credit cards - Sapphire, Freedom, Ink and Slate as well as co-branded credit cards offered in partnership with well-known brands and organizations, including AARP, Amazon, Disney, Marriott, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and many others in the United States and Canada.
The Project Manager will be responsible for directing and managing large and / or complex projects for the Card Ultimate Rewards and Loyalty Solutions team. The individual in this role will be assigned to manage high priority efforts with significant financial, process, organizational, and technology impacts. Key attributes include the ability to effectively communicate and interact with senior business leaders and other project and program sponsors within Card, quickly and comprehensively assess and address issues associated with supported initiatives, and the ability to identify and implement improvements within the overall project delivery process.
- Direct and manage multiple large and / or complex projects across CCB in the project methodology that is applicable to the project (Agile, Waterfall, or a hybrid of both.
- Assesses resource needs and negotiates to obtain resources required/right size project as appropriate.
- Work closely with senior business leadership to define requirements and vet solutions
- Establish the approach and define the necessary work activities (projects, BAU, etc.) to achieve project / program's mission & vision, monitor & report progress, and address any program-level issues
- Ability to integrate timeline, design and quality across the program roadmap, inclusive of inputs from technology and support partners (Operations Readiness, Risk, Legal, Compliance, MIS/Reporting, Analytics, etc.)
- Manages project expectations and message to Senior Management on scope decisions as well as negotiates trade-off discussions as appropriate
- Creates and/or coordinates the development of the Business Case, inclusive of ongoing updates as applicable or required
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that would present a risk to on-time implementation of programs or projects
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships across contributing teams, various Lines of Business’s, senior technology management, business management, program sponsors, vendors, and business clients
- Ensure projects are completed in accordance with all Card Business Engineering, Architecture, and other relevant firm-wide guidelines
- Produce quality standard timely Project Management deliverables as in accordance with the Project life-cycle
- Assesses resource needs and negotiates to obtain resources required/right size project as appropriate
- Motivate team members and effectively manage stakeholder expectations
- Influence change and communicate with diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
Demonstrated experience in leading cross functional projects and initiatives
8+ years of project management experience
Strong client relationship skills
Excellent relationship and communication (written and verbal) skills, highly collaborative - can build rapport and credibility
Strong presentation skills
Demonstrate excellent judgment and decision making
Ability to work well in a high-pressure and dynamic environment, to develop strong client relationships and manage by influence
Ability to think out of the box and on their feet very quickly
Expert knowledge of project lifecycle methodologies