Compliance Manager – Consumer & Community Banking - Card Compliance
Global Compliance plays a critical role in the successful execution of the firm's mission. The Compliance function supports the development and maintenance of a strong regulatory compliance culture by working closely with the Business, Legal, Risk, Line of Business (LOB) Oversight & Control, and Audit functions to provide expertise on regulatory compliance matters. The Compliance function also develops and maintains practices to identify, measure, manage, and remediate regulatory related risks, and monitors and tests the operating effectiveness of the Firm’s Compliance Core Practices.
Position Description / Responsibilities:
This role is specifically focused on consumer credit and supports the Compliance team under the Global Compliance umbrella for the effective execution of the firm-wide Compliance Program. This position oversees the data needs for the Core Practices Compliance program which includes the following Core Practices:
- Governance and Oversight
- Regulatory Management
- Policies and Procedures
- Training and Awareness
- Monitoring and Testing (inclusive of metrics)
- Issue Management
- Risk Assessment and Reporting
- Risk Control Self-Assessment
The incumbent must also work in strong partnership and coordination with the LOB Compliance Managers to ensure the execution of a sound and robust Compliance Program; apply the firm-wide oversight/control framework and protocols for strengthening the control environment and manage additional projects as assigned.
Desired Background and/or Training: Experienced professional, currently at the VP level, with regulatory compliance background and strong project management and presentation skills. Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience required. Incumbents typically have 7 or more years banking experience and 5 years’ experience in Compliance, Legal, Risk, Control or Audit. Excellent decision maker with the ability to manage multiple assignments. In addition, strong communication skills, both verbal and written, excellent analytical skills, and attention to detail required.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience, including previous seasoned and diverse experience and knowledge of Card Services/Financial industry regulatory compliance requirements.
- Financial Industry and Regulatory Compliance experience (7 - 10 years) including management/project management experience (5 - 7 years).
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent analytical skills
- Data analysis and some SQL/SAS knowledge beneficial
- Attention to detail required