JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
- A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
- Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
- Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
- Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
- Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
- Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
• Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
• Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
• Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages, including Java/JEE
• Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
• Proficiency in relational database technologies, such as Oracle, SQLServer, etc.
• Experience in using Spring frameworks (Spring MVC, Spring JPA, Spring Boot)
• Experience in the use of Maven or similar build tool a plus
• Experience in AngularJS a plus
• Experience with Junit and mocking frameworks a plus
- Thorough and effective daily communication with various impacted stakeholders as required
- Show agility to adopt and execute
Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
At least 6+ years of hands on software development experience in Java/J2E technologies
Hands on working experience in Spring (JPA, RESTful Services, MVC)
Hands on working experience in Tomcat/Apache environment
Minimum of 5 years of experience as software developer in agile development environment
Good hands-on experience with multiple open source agile methodologies and tools
5-10 years of experience in Core Java fundamentals, memory management, high efficiency coding, collection API and spring framework, SQL
Knowledge of other emerging technologies such as Python, Hadoop, Spark is preferred
Excellent understanding of, web-servers e.g. Tomcat,, build tools e.g. maven build, Jenkins etc.,
Good analytical and technical problem-solving skills
Good written and oral communication capabilities
Ability to quickly learn new product or skill, enthusiastic about emerging technologies
Working experience in data science and business Intelligence application is a plus
Working in financial Industry is preferred,