Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
Application Software Engineering (ASE) is focused on developing and delivering services that integrate software solutions with infrastructure in innovative, cost effective and efficient ways. The ASE team provides services for use by business-aligned application delivery organizations, across all layers of the software stack, which may include application interface services, productivity and collaboration tools, and data integration solutions.
ASE Production Management currently seeks an Application Support Analyst to be responsible for end to end knowledge of our applications. The scope of this role is to perform day-to-day support tasks, and maintenance, as well as third level support working with internal customers and Application Development teams to drive issues to resolution. The candidate must be capable of leading technical bridges, possess clear and assertive communication skills, excellent problem solving skills and be task and detail oriented. The candidate needs to drive efficiencies, improve application stability, automate manual processes, raise and prioritize defects, recommend enhancements and most of all support our clients with urgency, professionalism and respect. Candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn new technologies and business processes as required as well as take ownership of issues and drive them through to completion, engaging others and escalating where necessary. ASE is adopting a DevOps culture therefore an understanding of this will be advantageous.
The ideal candidate should possess advanced Windows and Linux/UNIX System administration skills, advanced trouble shooting skills and be willing to learn scripting. Familiarity with configuration/ release management and the ability to recommend 'best practices' are also a plus. Excellent Customer Service skills are a must since the role requires close work with internal clients, and internal technical staff of all levels.
The candidate will work closely and partner with Application Development, Application Resiliency, Web, Networking and DBA teams in order to maintain appropriate service levels, manage incidents, develop solutions for improvement, and drive root cause analysis for resolving high impact issues.
They will also drive continuous improvement across the ASE Production Management landscape, focusing on ticket reduction, application stability, and automation of manual processes. They will collaborate with other team members to ensure timely delivery of ongoing problems, projects and outstanding tasks. Specifics include:
- Ticket queue management
- End to end ownership of production support issues
- Prioritise issues, identifying critical production impact tickets
- Technical troubleshooting, analysis, and resolution
- Provide hands-on support for products and applications within Service Level Agreements
- Interface with internal business and technical partners
- Escalate issues to Level 4 and/or appropriate teams
- Attend meetings with Application Developers to address chronic defects
- Awareness of all system enhancement/defects and schedules
- Documentation governance for internal knowledge base and customer facing ‘How To’ articles
- Deep dive reporting and analysis of top issues, identifying actions to drive down ticket volume, time to resolve and improve SLA’s
- Run ticket reduction projects to improve efficiency and client experience ensuring delivery on time and in-scope
- Assist with application on-boarding into support model in line with operational readiness checks
- Write scripts to automate the provisioning, monitoring and maintenance of systems in a distributed, enterprise environment.
- Work closely with engineering and Dev teams to identify automation opportunities and solutions to currently manual work practices.
- Explore new technologies to optimize the delivery and reliability of automation.
- Interfacing with internal customers, inputting into technical solutions, advising on best practice and validating new implementations.
- Develop and promoting standard operating procedures and creating processes and tooling for operation efficiency
- Assist with technically upskilling team members
- Weekend and Bank Holiday work will be required
About JPMorgan Chase & Co
- Professional experience in production systems support
- Linux or Windows Application or support experience
- Apache, Tomcat or IIS administration experience
- Experience of administering, configuring and supporting Nagios
- Experience of administering, configuring and supporting Splunk
- Experience with lifecycle application deployments
- Experience in Unix Shell Scripts (Boure shell, Korn shell) or Wintel scripting (VBScript or PowerShell)
- Experience with CI and CD tools such as Jenkins, Travis, SCCM, SCOM etc.
- Experience with DevOps tools, processes and culture
- SQL, Oracle or MS SQL specific experience a plus
- Ability to define project plans, timelines, and key project milestones
- Solid knowledge of technical architecture/infrastructure
- Strong troubleshooting skills required
- Experience working in/supporting an Agile development environment
- Experience with existing GTI/JPMorgan applications desirable
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and networks in general beneficial
- Great customer service skills and continued dedication to providing best in class service at all times
- Highly motivated, disciplined, self-starter with high energy
- Takes the initiative and a strong desire to succeed
- Goal orientated and thrives under pressure
- Proactively and courageously seeks challenges
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and non-verbal
- Strong relationship management & influencing skills (emotional intelligence)
- Pragmatic, creative, forward thinker with sound logic and reasoning
- Able to work and deliver within a distributed team environment
- Flexible, able to pick up new tasks, concepts and tools easily
- Requires a logical approach to problem solving and a strong sense of urgency
- The ability to challenge other functional staff around service, and drive calls to resolution during incidents
- Excellent time management skills with experience handling multiple requests and queries at the same time
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.