The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) team within Digital Technology plays a pivotal role in the success of the organization, bridging the gap between the development, design and product management teams. The Lead Business Systems Analyst (sBSA) is the frontline of the BSA team, working closely with our business partners to understand their product direction and prepare stories for our development teams to groom and execute. The BSA is a team player, problem solver, and detail-oriented person. Experience with mobile or web projects is highly recommended.
The Lead Business Systems Analyst (BSA) role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Focused alignment to the product team and tribe they are assigned to.
- Break down the business ask into Epics and Stories to a level of detail that will enable scrum analysts and development teams to formulate a technical solution.
- Understand downstream impacts of changes to web services and coordinate with those teams to ensure they are in lock-step with the scrum team from a delivery perspective.
- Juggle multiple products at any given time, all with aggressive delivery expectations.
- Divide complex projects into manageable user stories, with clear requirements, for the development team to consume.
- Working within an Agile environment, applying a strong knowledge of Agile and Scrum practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or relevant work & management experience
- Minimum 7 years of business analysis (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience understanding of business process reengineering and business modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis
- Basic understanding of the company's business practices and familiarity with the company's consumer and business banking online and mobile products
- Basic hands on data analysis skills - ability to query existing data stores and use analytical tools to support requirements, decisions, and recommendations
- Strong analytical and writing skills, to include solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills. Ability to handle ones-own in front of senior audiences.
- 3+ years managing (indirectly in a matrix-organization or directly) other BSA resources.
- Payments products exposure
- Mobile technology experience (iOS and Android)
- Agile team experience, (Scrum, Lean, Kanban, XP)
- Experience in TDD and ATDD practices
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. It's time to take your career to the next level, and we can help. Apply today.