Senior Auditor - Home Lending - Associate
Req #: 180007844_1
Job Category: Accounting/Finance/Audit/Risk
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
The JPMorgan Chase Audit Department is accountable to the Audit and Examining Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman, senior management and global and local regulators. The department has in excess of 1000 staff, located in key locations across the globe. The Audit Department is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environment across the firm's lines of businesses through a program of audit coverage that is performed and managed by a team of integrated technology and financial business audit specialists.
The Consumer & Community Banking Audit Team covers a diverse range of businesses including Consumer & Business Banking, Consumer Card, Chase Commerce Solutions, Chase Wealth Management, Auto Finance and Home Lending.
This role is for an Audit professional to join the Audit Home Lending team. As an experienced Business Auditor you will be responsible for risk assessments, control identification, audit testing, control evaluation, and follow-up and verification of issue closure related to the systems and applications used by the Home Lending business.
Job responsibilities include:
- Establish strong relationships with management in Home Lending and related control groups such as Risk Management, Compliance, and Audit colleagues
- Audit engagements covering Home Lending including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, directing audit staff, control evaluation, audit report drafting, and follow-up and verification of issue closure
- Accountable for meeting deliverables and adhering to department standards
- Provide coaching and feedback to other team members
- Monitor key risk indicators, significant change activities and escalation of emerging business issues to management in a timely fashion.
- Stay up-to-date with evolving industry changes and market events impacting the Home Lending channels and products
- Develop recommendations to strengthen internal controls and improve operational efficiency
- Must have 4+ years of relevant experience in internal/external auditing, or consulting
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent applicable work experience.
- Professional certification, such as CPA, CIA, or CISA is required but may be obtained in the first year.
- Home Lending experience a plus
- Experience in organizing and analyzing data sets in Excel or other tools
- Highly detail oriented, with excellent research, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to identify, document, and articulate the key messages resulting from analysis efforts
- Ability to work with and present to colleagues and stakeholders at different levels in the organization, including senior management
- Self motivated, organized, and able to prioritize goals to meet objectives, work under pressure, and multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong decision making and creative thinking skills
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency
- Prepared to travel to business locations domestically (up to 25%)